Another bloody bridge jumper

dazaster:
is time these jumpers started using online forums where these types meet others… like the ones in the car.
they may still cause delays at the bridge, but at least if they are 2 of them its 50% less congestion… :open_mouth:

suicide.com/

Couldnt they just build a motorway bridge on a private piece of land and a fake bit of motorway under it just for the jumpers least that way if they fail they can go again !!

the big un:
Couldnt they just build a motorway bridge on a private piece of land and a fake bit of motorway under it just for the jumpers least that way if they fail they can go again !!

Park a Stobart truck with a ‘boy’s name’ on the fake bit of motorway and the spotters may feel that upset about the loss of Stobart tradition they might be inclined to make use of the bridge. :wink:

Park a Stobart truck with a ‘boy’s name’ on the fake bit of motorway and the spotters may feel that upset about the loss of Stobart tradition they might be inclined to make use of the bridge. :wink:

Would that be to the song “take my breath away” with Mo Top Gun singing it :wink:

attended the inquest on wednesday of the fellow who jumped of scammonden bridge onto me on 10.04.10. 43 yr.old, married with kids, good job, professional bloke. depressed, third attempt went to the bridge fortnight before but couldn’t do it. i wish he hadn’t done it this time . i’ve seen worse when i was younger, much worse in belfast, but i’m older by 35 years now,could really do without it, the unit and trailer was like an abatoir or butchers table. he was coming down at 120mph, i was braking like ****, but still doing 50. i wouldn’t wish the memory on anybody, the terror and fear in his face and eyes as it skimmed the windscreen will haunt me. it’s not a laugh, no matter how hard you are it’s haunting!

scotsdragoon:
attended the inquest on wednesday of the fellow who jumped of scammonden bridge onto me on 10.04.10. 43 yr.old, married with kids, good job, professional bloke. depressed, third attempt went to the bridge fortnight before but couldn’t do it. i wish he hadn’t done it this time . i’ve seen worse when i was younger, much worse in belfast, but i’m older by 35 years now,could really do without it, the unit and trailer was like an abatoir or butchers table. he was coming down at 120mph, i was breaking like ****, but still doing 50. i wouldn’t wish the memory on anybody, the terror and fear in his face and eyes as it skimmed the windscreen will haunt me. it’s not a laugh, no matter how hard you are it’s haunting!

Ask anyone in the emergency services how they deal with it all on a daily basis.They’ll usually tell you they use black humour and you’ll hear a lot sicker jokes from them than you’ll find on here.It’s the old saying if you did’nt laugh you’d cry. :frowning: :wink:

yes carryfast i know how the emergency services deal with it i dealt with it myself over the years but when you get a break, then it hits you in the face, so to speak, its a bit more personal, this isn’t arriving at the scene after its happened, nor is it through a telescope or sight, it’s real time. i can deal with it. it’s a shame that somebody who can’t deal with life has got to involve an innocent working person with a problem that’s got bugger all to do with them

I got caught up in the traffic because of the M4 closure. Been to Godalming and had to get to Colthrop pit near Thatcham. Got loaded and told to steer clear of Thatcham and Newbury, went M4 East, A404, M40 to Oxford. Traffic was at a crawl going along toward Headington and was talking to 2 Welsh low-loader drivers who were doing the same diversion route; They were going to have to do a night out just because some prat threw his toys out of the pram (had heard on CB earlier it was a bloke who’d argued with his missus). Hours of delays inconveniencing thousands of people and costing companies god knows how much- and the [zb] didn’t even do it! :imp:
People like this should have houses, cars etc taken away to pay for the emergency services time on these loony-tunes…

i saw a bloke who was trying to jump of blackwater brige on to the a338 the police didnt even shut the road
the 2 coppers that were there just grabbed him and held him till more coppers arrived then they just used brut force and pulled him over the railings

scotsdragoon:
attended the inquest on wednesday of the fellow who jumped of scammonden bridge onto me on 10.04.10. 43 yr.old, married with kids, good job, professional bloke. depressed, third attempt went to the bridge fortnight before but couldn’t do it. i wish he hadn’t done it this time . i’ve seen worse when i was younger, much worse in belfast, but i’m older by 35 years now,could really do without it, the unit and trailer was like an abatoir or butchers table. he was coming down at 120mph, i was braking like ****, but still doing 50. i wouldn’t wish the memory on anybody, the terror and fear in his face and eyes as it skimmed the windscreen will haunt me. it’s not a laugh, no matter how hard you are it’s haunting!

Hi Dave.

Good to hear your ok though after your experience.

This chap, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the guy I was referring to in my earlier post. Now you’ve had it from the horses mouth.

Ken.

daleyboy:
Unfortunately mate we live in a country, probably the only one in the world where it’s ruled by the minority and not the majority.

Not true! what about north korea and zimbabwe?

caz:

daleyboy:
Unfortunately mate we live in a country, probably the only one in the world where it’s ruled by the minority and not the majority.

Not true! what about north korea and zimbabwe?

Do they get a lot of bridge jumpers there? How do they deal with 'em? :wink:

it is inconsiderate to inflict this misery on an innocent person, the amount off people who jumped off the bridge near barnsley on m1 before the council had to put a full cage over the top to stop anyone else doing it, there’s alot easier ways to finish life without involving anyone else.

i really cant believe what im reading[seriously].would you have those same feelings if it was your son/daughter/mum/dad/sister/brother,just imagine ,your son was on a bridge ,about to jump,would you really want someone to shoot them so you could get to your tip quicker. :open_mouth:
if it was ever my girl up there[god forbid],id hope everyone there would be doing everything in there power to save her,as i would if it was someone elses relative.

bang right Ady.

Gotta make allowance for all the strong talk on here, it’s easy when you’re sat at home.
I don’t for a minute believe that all these posters actually mean what they post, just doing the macho thing!

thay need to deploy an inflatable mat and push em off,then get the traffic moving,if they was going to jump they would have jumped,not just climb the railings and wait for caos to ensue and wait for four hours :unamused:

ady1:
i really cant believe what im reading[seriously].would you have those same feelings if it was your son/daughter/mum/dad/sister/brother,just imagine ,your son was on a bridge ,about to jump,would you really want someone to shoot them so you could get to your tip quicker. :open_mouth:

If a relative of mine was stupid enough to pull a stunt like that I’d pull the [zb]ing trigger myself. Not bothered about getting to a tip quicker, paid by the hour, but I might be going somewhere important like football or to catch a flight.

del949:
Gotta make allowance for all the strong talk on here, it’s easy when you’re sat at home.
I don’t for a minute believe that all these posters actually mean what they post, just doing the macho thing!

I can assure you I mean it 100%, zero sympathy for these [zb]wits.

But, the point is that these fellators don’t actually want to kill themselves, if they did they would just do it somewhere quiet and with no fuss, so the warning shot would have them backing down in a second as they really don’t want to die. The odd one who does want to go out in a blaze of publicity, while causing as much disruption to others as possible, get there wish. Either way, road open, problem solved.

Like some one said on another forum all these people saying they are selfish and shouldnt involve innocent people in there problems is easy to say ,but you gota remember they are not thinking rationally and dont realise in their mental state that they are disrupting 100’s of other peoples lives.
Just hope it never happens to anyone i know . :frowning: :frowning:

Its getting such a common occurance now why not turn it into an Olympic sport

Coffeeholic:

ady1:

If a relative of mine was stupid enough to pull a stunt like that I’d pull the [zb]ing trigger myself. Not bothered about getting to a tip quicker, paid by the hour, but I might be going somewhere important like football or to catch a flight.

del949:

I can assure you I mean it 100%, zero sympathy for these [zb]wits.

But, the point is that these fellators don’t actually want to kill themselves, if they did they would just do it somewhere quiet and with no fuss, so the warning shot would have them backing down in a second as they really don’t want to die. The odd one who does want to go out in a blaze of publicity, while causing as much disruption to others as possible, get there wish. Either way, road open, problem solved.

thank god im not like you then,my family and espcially my daughter means the world to me,and if she ever got in the sitution that she felt she needed to jump id hope theyd save her and give me the chance of sorting things out,which is what normal parents do,care and help there kids in anyway they can,they dont shoot them,well normal ones dont[seriously i think your on a wind up]