An ADR heads-up

The long awaited new version of the UK’s dangerous goods Regs are with us at last. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

:open_mouth: They’re MUCH thinner than in the past. :open_mouth:
This means that we now carry dangerous goods within the UK in almost exactly the same way as it’s done on international journeys under ADR.

We’re keeping out rather unique tanker marking system for the forseeable future, and you still don’t need to obey a few bits and bobs of ADR as before… BUT

What has changed is the Instructions In Writing (AKA 'Tremcard.)

The details are IN POST #22 OF :arrow_right: THIS TOPIC

dieseldave:
This means that we now carry dangerous goods within the UK in almost exactly the same way as it’s done on international journeys under ADR.

Like this…as spotted on my travels in italy many a times :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

pecjam23:

dieseldave:

Like this…as spotted on my travels in italy many a times :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Ahh, going by the vehicle and load, I’d say that’s a journey coming under Italian national Regs, so it might even be ok for all I know. :grimacing:

might be ok under ADR regs, but im sure VOSA would have a field day with that vehicle.

For starters he(she) would get done for insecure load

Got our shiny colour new trem cards today, a step forward from a drivers point of view but from an emergancy services point id say a step backwards. Theres so many UN numbers for different products at least the old way it gave info for said product, now it very basic overview of the class the products in.
Also got me drain cover and superb plastic container! LOL About as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Imp:
Got our shiny colour new trem cards today, a step forward from a drivers point of view but from an emergancy services point id say a step backwards. Theres so many UN numbers for different products at least the old way it gave info for said product, now it very basic overview of the class the products in.
Also got me drain cover and superb plastic container! LOL About as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Hi Imp, I totally agree mate :smiley:

However, there is the possibility that a company can put extra info on some extra sheets of paper when the product has strange or unpredictable properties, or as the result of a risk-assessment.

The new IIW and the info on it should always be viewed as the absolute minimum to be compliant. :grimacing: