Alert professional drivers?

dieseldave:
This is a very interesting topic. :smiley:

Whilst not seeking to enter the “Alert” debate, I can’t help noticing that there’s some scepticism regarding OCRS.

IMHO, there’s nothing wrong with some healthy scepticism, but surely any scepticism or opinion ought to be based on facts?

To find out about how important the OCRS system actually is, please read :arrow: THIS LINK, then have your say.

:open_mouth: It’s not my idea, I’m only the messenger. :grimacing:

I realise this is an old post Dave - Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:36 am. I have remained quiet on this renewed thread as I was one of the original instigators of it expanding to this. :laughing: but I quoted from the first paragraph of your link.

OCRS is an initiative by VOSA to target operators/vehicles which are unlikely to be compliant with the laws that VOSA enforce.

That was part of my cyber tussle with Mr Roe. If anyone drives for a company who runs bent, has bald tyres and unsafe brakes, there wont be much that a mere driver holding an OCRS certificate or a CPC can do, apart from vote with his feet of course.

The wheels on the bus go round and round :smiley:

the old ones are the best, you did well my man

I know the guy who owns alert . Talks a great job but still full of [zb] “Bit quiet at the moment mate fancy some multi drop at P and H in coventry or tesco fradley park?” Ex driver too . All the same and the present climate is makin em worse . Never got a gun when ya want one have ya?