Alert professional drivers?

Someone (they shall remain nameless to save their eternal embarasment) :wink: emailed me with there phone number, i can only imagine it was to further the sympathy i’ve been shown by other forum members on this issue :smiley: but i thought i would use it has a bump instead :unamused:

Bump :smiley:

Hidden sources :wink: have informed me that these people have now placed an advert for workers in leicester, mark roe has completed his ■■■ change operation and now calls him/herself kath newton :unamused:

ach agencys are no good, i never get a phone back from them when they say they will, usually have to phone up last thing at night to get to who i want to talk to.

least i get holidays lol.

After being laid off in February and struggling I answered their advert in the job centre which read drivers required all over Britain for continental work for major haulage company.

Phoned them and was impressed with what they had to say but there’s a catch,
you must come down to Leicester for ocrs course as we train all our drivers to a high standard.

Look mate is this cos-ha as its a long way from the other side of Glasgow and it will cost me a fortune, will there be a job guaranteed.

We will cover your expenses bring a receipt. and your jobs waiting.

As soon as I got there I thought ■■■■ this is an agency.

Gave them receipt and was told to send it in later and I would get expenses with first wage.

Was absolutely sick driving home thinking about my mortgage.

They phoned yesterday to say jobs are starting next week, three months later.

We shall see.

Will post back if they are true to their word this time.

aranger:
After being laid off in February and struggling I answered their advert in the job centre which read drivers required all over Britain for continental work for major haulage company.

Phoned them and was impressed with what they had to say but there’s a catch,
you must come down to Leicester for ocrs course as we train all our drivers to a high standard.

Look mate is this cos-ha as its a long way from the other side of Glasgow and it will cost me a fortune, will there be a job guaranteed.

We will cover your expenses bring a receipt. and your jobs waiting.

As soon as I got there I thought [zb] this is an agency.

Gave them receipt and was told to send it in later and I would get expenses with first wage.

Was absolutely sick driving home thinking about my mortgage.

They phoned yesterday to say jobs are starting next week, three months later.

We shall see.

Will post back if they are true to their word this time.

So do I assume that you got the OCRS but did not get any expenses and after 3 months there is still no job :question: :question: :question:

I know that was a bit long winded but yes that’s the point of my story.

They have kept in touch though so Christ knows whats going on but I am sorted now so if nothing happens then at least its taught me to save a few bob for a rainy day.

They say there was a hiccup but I will be starting full time this Monday or next.

aranger:
I know that was a bit long winded but yes that’s the point of my story.

They have kept in touch though so Christ knows whats going on but I am sorted now so if nothing happens then at least its taught me to save a few bob for a rainy day.

They say there was a hiccup but I will be starting full time this Monday or next.

So you will be starting with alert within 10 days then - keep us posted :slight_smile:

Will do.
It could end up the most bumped thread in Trucknet history though as they phoned me last month to tell me they would be in some magazine and that I would be starting within a week. :unamused:

okay…up till recently i didnt feel the need to reply…however, now i feel i should.
With reference to the thread starter, i apologise if i mislead you in any way, firstly the company would not allow you to go anywhere without you completing the OCRS course, the daily vehicle inspection course and the digital tachograph course including entrance and exit to the cab, all of which the company has to certify. This information could not be emailed to you as it is classroom and practical on-site training, you would have been requested to come to Leicester for the day to undertake the training, Secondly: It has been noted that things are being said that are not quite correct. Applicants were all advised to keep their receipts for travelling so they could claim the expenses back as “Receitable Training” in their first weeks wages. Thirdly: The company has never denied being a recruitment agency as well as a Training Company!
The advertisments were placed before this credit crunch made such a large impact on the haulage industry, where other national training companys have unfortunately folded this company has managed to keep its head above water.
Due to “The Hic cup” things havent gone according to plan, and as stated we have kept drivers informed throughout the delay. The company that we shall be working for have informed us that things are changing very quickly and to prepare the drivers. Being a recruitment agency, you can’t promise drivers if you do not have them, we needed to bring them in and give them the extra training as mentioned above, its unfortunate that the client hasn’t started them all as yet. There has currently been 8 drivers in so far. 3 of them pulling out of Ipswich, 3 out of Teesport, 1 out of Liverpool, and 1 out of Kettering. So we hardly advertised this job for nothing. The job advertised in “Leicester” isn’t quite correct either! We are Leicester based, and therefore the jobcentre has used our postcode as the base for the adverts. We are currently advertising for Class 1 weekend drivers in Lutterworth, and Class 2 weekend drivers in Coventry, which also appear in Northampton, and Nuneaton as that is their local Jobcentre…

Kath is certainly a member of our team, and is certainly a female which i’m sure aranger will be able to confirm, just as he will be able to confirm that i am a male!!

Aranger, please except our sincere apologies for the delay in your start date, however we cannot control the current state of affairs and as stated on the phone to you yesterday i believe you will be working for us very shortly.

On a non personal note, there is no need for this witch hunt…i too have a family and home to support, if the drivers are not out working for us then i am not earning any wages either, So its in our interest as well as the drivers to get them started as soon as possible…

gogzy:
ach agencys are no good, i never get a phone back from them when they say they will, usually have to phone up last thing at night to get to who i want to talk to.

least i get holidays lol.

welcome to the other side of the coin. getting phone calls asking you to work on your day off. they dont expect you to work illegally but if you only do 4 or 5 days they will ask you to do an extra day. still, better to be in demand than not getting any work :wink:

Instructorone (such an original name!) would these variously sited European work vacancies by any chance have any connection with collecting Mercedes parts from Germany in yellow trucks?

instructorone:
Kath is certainly a female which i’m sure aranger will be able to confirm, just as he will be able to confirm that i am a male!! [/b]

One of those is he i asume that’s why you never called me back :unamused:

Hello scanny77, i know only to well the other side of the coin, i have been on the road all of my life, having been working with my father from the age of 14 when everything was rope and sheet, no fancy trucks in those days.
We do not bother our drivers when they are of duty, and should we discover that any of them are running illegally in any way, they shall no longer be working for this company. They are not allowed to speed, run over weight or break any of the tachograph laws. They MUST carry out a 12 point daily vehicle safety inspection including any trailor they may pick up from any of the ports, if the trailors are not safe for the road, they simply do not couple up to it.

Driveroneuk, good originall name you have there to. im not prepared to say the name of the company that these drivers shall be working for, but the european side of things consist of one english company and two german companys which i have been involved with for many years.

mikejk, im sorry but i do not understand all these smily’s and what they mean

Mikejk:

instructorone:
Kath is certainly a female which i’m sure aranger will be able to confirm, just as he will be able to confirm that i am a male!! [/b]

One of those is he i asume that’s why you never called me back :unamused:

instructorone:
mikejk, im sorry but i do not understand all these smily’s and what they mean

I THINK he was referring to how aranger knew one was female and the other male - if you know what I mean :wink: :wink:

thanks for that rog, now i understand, never use tose things as i do not know what they mean

No witch hunt on my part just telling exactly what happened.

I asked on the phone if you where agency and you said no we are acting as recruitment consultants for a major company that would be discussed at course.

At course I mentioned this and you said you don’t like the word agency so you use another term.

I then handed Kath the receipt for my fuel and was told that it got claimed back off my earnings through jsa. (basically a nova drivers scheme)

Throughout the day I asked about start times and dates and was told that you where phoning after the course to get placements for everyone as 70 drivers were starting full time.

After the course it was a case of sorry there’s no jobs just now but there will be in three weeks.

So you can forgive me for feeling sceptical.

I also have a family and £120 pounds fuel and 2 days off work meant that I had to arrange to pay my mortgage late that month.

I would never have did this without guarantee of job and promise of expenses sealed the deal.

My tip - always have out-of-pocket expenses guaranteed in writing or be E-mail from a company and payable on arrival.

If a company is not willing to do that then you take a personal financial risk and the question is - can you afford to loose that money:?:

Again i appologise to both you and your family for this delay, however, im sure kath shall still have your receipt for the fuel, this can still be used to claim back your fuel on your first weeks wages.
You are corect in saying that i do not like the word agency, i think it stinks quite frankly, you will see when you start work, as promised, i stand by the drivers, i have no intention of letting any of them down. We have had drivers in on the company allready who are very very happy, not only with the work but also the support and conditions that they work under. One of the drivers phoned and said that it was a honour to work for this company, in all the years that he had been driving, this is the first time that he had actually done a complete weeks work totally legally, no speeding, not taking trailors on the road because they where not road worthy, you shall see that we are not an agency, but a professional recruitment department.
I fully understand you sceptasisum, but things are about to change. I to would have felt the same way too.

Whether you want to call yourself an Agency or Professional Recruitment Department is akin to how you describe the defecation left by the horse on the corner. A gardener would be pleased, and call it manure, the motorcyclist would call it by its proper name.

So you are running OCRS courses for drivers■■?

Doesnt Operator mean the chap who makes the decisions, holds the ■■■■■ strings and issues the vieled threats, rather than the bloke steering & sleeping in the lorry.

Anyone who knows the transport industry as well as you, having 25 years experience will know that everything is done on price. and as soon as some hotshot thinks of another acronym, OCRS will join the list of forgotten names like the VI and TAN.

So your company teaches a driver how to exit a truck properly, how to push a button on a digi tacho and how to take a 15 minute walk around an articulated outfit and then issues yet another important certificate.

On the alertlgvtraining.co.uk/ocrs.html website it explains a little about your operator seminar,

The Seven Authorities involved in a roadside check. When you are pulled into one, they will not be interested in whether the driver has done a course with Alert Training, NASA or the Royal College of Surgeons.

Police or VESO will select the trucks they want to stop.
VOSA, will check your truck, drivers hours and WTD compliance.
HSE will check for infringements on ADR, documents,equipment etc.
HMCE will take a sample and test it for rebated fuel.
DVLA will check your licence to make sure you are qualified for that vehicle.
DWP will check your details and if you are claiming benefit.
UK Border Control will be looking for illegal immigrants and contraband.

So really your a new Agency running these courses and forcing drivers to be on your database is rather similar to the one that Depoel Consulting tried to force on the industry using buzzwords like Digital Tachograph Courses, The Drivers Vehicle Safety Inspection Courses, SAFED Courses and the new O.C.R.S. Seminars covering all the latest legislations introduced by VOSA.

All these, and the compulsory driver CPC!
Will the driver of the future have time to go to work with all the studying?

Just a thought :stuck_out_tongue: