Aldi class 1 job interview

Carryfast:

tmcassett:
Highly unlikely. I mean the last time anyone would employ Carryfast in the lorry industry the Spice Girls were still relevant in the world!

Ironically I seem to remember their record Goodbye playing on the radio during the last Feltham-Luton-Dewsbury-Luton-Feltham trunk run I did.

You obviously would have hated that job just one box swap and one trailer collection, swap and drop.The rest of the shift just the road ahead and the radio.

Why would I have hated it? I do that some days in my current job when put on depot to depot trunks for that day. Obviously the other days I’m in my labourer and warehouse duties role.

tmcassett:

Carryfast:

tmcassett:
Highly unlikely. I mean the last time anyone would employ Carryfast in the lorry industry the Spice Girls were still relevant in the world!

Ironically I seem to remember their record Goodbye playing on the radio during the last Feltham-Luton-Dewsbury-Luton-Feltham trunk run I did.

You obviously would have hated that job just one box swap and one trailer collection, swap and drop.The rest of the shift just the road ahead and the radio.

Why would I have hated it? I do that some days in my current job when put on depot to depot trunks for that day. Obviously the other days I’m in my labourer and warehouse duties role.

Why would you say my attitude stinks for saying no thanks to the latter you want a warehouse labourer then employ one.
Why not depot to depot trunks every day.
Also why bother with the LGV licence and driving role and all the responsibility that goes with it at all if you’re happy doing the warehouse labourer role.
At which point why not train as a CNC operator in an engineering machine shop for a lot more per hour.
There’s Boris driver ‘shortage’ if there is one at all.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
As opposed to someone who finds it a challenge to keep a very small car let alone a truck between the lines and out the ditch and fences.
You’d be perfect for their needs it would obviously minimise the risk to yourself and everyone else out on the road where a driver and a truck belongs.

I love the thought of how ■■■■■■ off it must make you that even with my faults I’m infinitely more employable than you. :smiley: It’s most enjoyable contributing to that enormous chip on your shoulder, keep it up

Your driving record says more about your, among others’, definition of employable than it does about my employability.
A few local runs and the rest of the time working as warehouse/shop labourer seems to be your niche for the safety of everyone on the road including yourself.

I think it simply shows that we have staggeringly different personalities. Your work history tells people everything they need to know about your employability. You even got on the wrong side of a union you recently revealed. That’s hilariously ridiculous

Good night and god bless.

tmcassett:

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

Carryfast is the undisputed Trucknet champion at constructing whole other fictional lives and personalities of people he’s never met and never will

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
Your driving record says more about your, among others’, definition of employable than it does about my employability.
A few local runs and the rest of the time working as warehouse/shop labourer seems to be your niche for the safety of everyone on the road including yourself.

I think it simply shows that we have staggeringly different personalities. Your work history tells people everything they need to know about your employability. You even got on the wrong side of a union you recently revealed. That’s hilariously ridiculous

Bearing in mind that ditching a truck would have been the automatic end of my 15 year employment with my last employer.With a reference to match and to the point where the termination of employment, would have been delivered to my hospital bed if it had come to it, who are you to say.
I think a dodgy agreement without consultation let alone a ballot, putting a driver off the road because of the damage done by being used as a warehouse labourer as a result, suggests that it was the union that did wrong by me.

After all these years I still don’t understand why a lorry driver thinks it is beyond them to load, or unload a trailer, it is the raison d’etre. In the days of ropes and tarpaulins would the driver expect the warehouse staff to pull off & fold the sheets? The tanker driver controls the loading and unloading, so why not with 26 pallets, nine hundred 25kg cartons or 11 paper reels. Maybe CF should have been a coach driver, the trolley dolly could lug the suitcases for him.

Wheel Nut:
After all these years I still don’t understand why a lorry driver thinks it is beyond them to load, or unload a trailer, it is the raison d’etre. In the days of ropes and tarpaulins would the driver expect the warehouse staff to pull off & fold the sheets? The tanker driver controls the loading and unloading, so why not with 26 pallets, nine hundred 25kg cartons or 11 paper reels. Maybe CF should have been a coach driver, the trolley dolly could lug the suitcases for him.

As a coach driver in a previous life it was my responsibility to load the cases. I regret lifting some of them including one from a guy who I picked up in Brussels and was travelling to London with a suitcase full of bottles of shampoo.

And yes that was suspicious but he and his baggage got searched and tested by customs at Calais and it did indeed turn out to be hundreds of bottles of shampoo :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

Could you just imagine,in days gone by going to Liverpool etc etc and telling the dockers you don`t do loading of any kind,handball or pallet truck,or roping and sheeting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:
Why would you say my attitude stinks for saying no thanks to the latter you want a warehouse labourer then employ one.
Why not depot to depot trunks every day.
Also why bother with the LGV licence and driving role and all the responsibility that goes with it at all if you’re happy doing the warehouse labourer role.
At which point why not train as a CNC operator in an engineering machine shop for a lot more per hour.
There’s Boris driver ‘shortage’ if there is one at all.

Your attitude stinks because everytime someone starts a thread asking about a particular job you pipe up and take over the thread with your boring “labourer” and “warehouse duties” rant.

I would say the fact no-one will employ you and you haven’t been able to get a job in this industry for nearly 25 years could be a telling factor in regards your attitude.

Secondly, it’s been well documented on here you couldn’t get any euro driving work you so desperately craved and also during the height of euro driving work. Every other driver who wanted to do it managed it, so I would say your attitude might have something to do with that too!

switchlogic:

tmcassett:

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

Carryfast is the undisputed Trucknet champion at constructing whole other fictional lives and personalities of people he’s never met and never will

And fictional job roles that only exist in his head, even when being told by someone who does the job what’s involved

lolipop:

Wheel Nut:

Could you just imagine,in days gone by going to Liverpool etc etc and telling the dockers you don`t do loading of any kind,handball or pallet truck,or roping and sheeting :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’re comparing apples v oranges for some wierd reason.
Shunting between Manchester and Liverpool a couple or more times a day handballing an 8 wheeler load at each end would have been as much of a zb job then, as running from Feltham to Nuneaton and back and the rest of the shift handballing artic loads.
The difference is the guvnor offering that crap, as opposed to London Glasgow or Newcastle, or Southampton to Liverpool, wouldn’t have been whingeing about his driver ‘shortage’.
As for roping and sheeting and handballing loads isn’t that why curtainsiders and pallets and forklifts were invented.
Don’t think I’ve ever argued about shifting a load of pallets on and off a truck with a pallet truck if needed or roping and sheeting a load or stripping and rebuilding a tilt.
But again it all gets old quick if there isn’t a lot of miles to be driven between.
It’s the reduction in distances run and using drivers for ‘other duties’ during the resulting downtime and the experience issue being used to allocate the few remaining best jobs, which are the elephants in the room which are crippling the industry’s attraction.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Bearing in mind that ditching a truck would have been the automatic end of my 15 year employment with my last employer.With a reference to match and to the point where the termination of employment,

As I say, says a lot about your personality as my life does mine