Agency Work..

think I have asked before… but… Is there much opportunity to get into permanent work? I have been doing agency work but havent had much in the way of long term work.

The opportunities may be indirect.

As an agency driver you may get access into yards and depots of companies looking to hire permanent drivers. Look out for posters or notices on the walls, talk to the desk staff and get to know them, the shunters too. If you get to be a regular and they know you’re a safe pair of hands then maybe you can just pop the question…they can only say ‘no’.

ORC:
The opportunities may be indirect.

As an agency driver you may get access into yards and depots of companies looking to hire permanent drivers. Look out for posters or notices on the walls, talk to the desk staff and get to know them, the shunters too. If you get to be a regular and they know you’re a safe pair of hands then maybe you can just pop the question…they can only say ‘no’.

aah, ok thanks for that.

I had been interested in doing local skip driving or hook loaders (roll on offs)but seems hard to get into that line.
I’m up in the Tyne & Wear/Durham area so not sure what the demand is… I’ll have a google.