agency mistake

hi whent to a job this morning that my agency asked me to do yesterday,got there the truck had a digital tacho ,bear in mind my agency know i dont have a card yet :laughing: so i was sent home 3 hr wasted!
so am i right in thinking i should be paid 8hrs or 3hrs it was not my fault and a had another job for today that i had to cancel this for well â– â– â– â– â– â–  off :imp:

i have had it happen 3 times this month to me :open_mouth:

so did u get paid then? :confused:

I would be belling the agency and asking for a payment of at least 3 hrs to cover your expenses.

They know you dont have a digi then it is there fault for sending you.

You can only ask.

was the agency notified that the vehicle had a digital tacho and why did you drop the other job to do this one :question:

i would invest in a card and then that way you wont be losing money and narrowing your options down of what gig you can and can’t do.

i do agree they have to pay you as there was a distinct lack of communication somewhere (what in transport) :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

jon

TM told me b4 i went home that all his wagons have digi tachos in them,and the agency know it ,while i was in the office the guy from the agency rang asking if i had turned up,cue the bollocking he got from the TM!
how long does it take for a digi card to arrive? :smiley:

Why has it taken u this long to get a card…(well order one now)…anyway…■■?

Your not one of those stubborn ones whom think the agency should pay!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

not your fault = 8 hours pay

Dead right, agency should pay. Digi cards come through in about 7 days from what I remember.

i only do it partime maybe 3 days a month i work shifts in a factory at the mo,i sent off last week

You should get it back pretty quickly. As you’re not a regular you may not get a lot of joy from your agency as regards getting reimbursed - just have to try & negotiate your side of it - try for 3-4 hours/petrol money if not the full 8. Once you get your digi card it’s worth doing a bit of research on how to use them - there are 3 types I’ve come across so far, each operate differently, but you can download basic instruction manuals from at least 2 of the manufacturer’s websites - gives you a bit of a head-start if you’ve never used one before.

tallyman:
Dead right, agency should pay. Digi cards come through in about 7 days from what I remember.

not up here they dont. driving licence (address changed, swapped for photocard, 3 points removed) took around a week. digicard took over 3 weeks

now i have it, i am waiting for the course before i use it