Agency Interviews

Hi all,

I probably already know the answer to this, but thought id ask anyway.

Is it worth, when im going into an agency for an interview / filling in paperwork to wear a shirt and tie to give the best possible impression of myself.
I was in Manpower last week and felt overdressed in shirt and trousers.

also has anyone had dealings with Backline at all.

Thanks

Paul

natsdad:
Hi all,

I probably already know the answer to this, but thought id ask anyway.

Is it worth, when im going into an agency for an interview / filling in paperwork to wear a shirt and tie to give the best possible impression of myself.
I was in Manpower last week and felt overdressed in shirt and trousers.

also has anyone had dealings with Backline at all.

Thanks

Paul

Agency in shirt and tie?!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Sorry, like i said, just thought id ask.

When I went to agency went dressed but not is shirt & tie :laughing:

i take it thats a no then. Thanks

natsdad:
i take it thats a no then. Thanks

Just go smart/casual or wear your work logoed clothes if you have still have them from a previous trucking job.

I will now lol. :smiley: :smiley:

thank you.

Paul

natsdad:
I will now lol. :smiley: :smiley:

thank you.

Paul

Remember agencies are the scum of the earth and you use them, not the other way round. Likewise, make sure you interview them and not the other way round.

Thanks Rob, never thought about it like that.

Remember that most hauliers wont entertain a newbie,the way in is through an agency.You will be entering into a business agreement .The haulage firm gets something the agency gets something and you the new driver ,your something is a small amount of money and the chance to prove yourself.It would be fine if we could cut out the agency and split his share with the haulier,but that is not likely to happen any time soon.

Agency have there uses we use them as well as them using us it can be a catch 22 situation with them

But has been said that you should interview them as much as they interview you so how would you go dressed to interview somebody :question: how would you like to see them dressed :question: and also conduct them selves :question:

But no I wouldnt go dressed in a shirt & tie as may look out of place on me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but a suite yep poss even a skirt