Advice Please

I am 20 and interested in getting my LGV License but my Dad doesnt think its money well spent. He thinks at my age most companies will have insurance issues and wont hire me. Can anyone offer any advice particularly young drivers on what its like trying to get a job and if its worth it all?

Go for it, its a skill for life and once you get some experience you should never have an excuse to be out of work. Plus when the DCPC comes into play in 2014 alot of the old drivers wont want to get the qualifiaction to carry on driving and there should be a large gap in the market for drivers of your age (in 2014) with a couple of years experience behind them.

In my eyes there has never been a better time to go for it, hence me just putting a £200 deposit down on a Cat C course!

If your dad wont pay for it, save yer pennies :wink:

Sure its difficult to get work as a new driver but everyone has to start somewhere and there are places that take on new drivers. Just a case of doing the leg work to find it. Jobs wont come to you, you have to go to them.

That’s all crap about old hands not doing there cpc,in my cpc classes its been mostly old timers who wanna work while getting a pension. The 2 year rule is not always there so look about for smaller companies. I love driving but really do wish I did something else

As has been said, you won’t find it easy to get work (though hopefully you prove us wrong) but not impossible.

Best of luck

If driving is what you want along with being treated like ■■■■ most places your delivering into and the long anti social hours away from home , then go for it. I’m not trying to put you off, this is not a glammer life as people try to label it. Good luck

bobby1966:
If driving is what you want along with being treated like [zb] most places your delivering into and the long anti social hours away from home , then go for it. I’m not trying to put you off, this is not a glammer life as people try to label it. Good luck

This aint far wrong +1