Advice please, getting between 2 drops in London

Hiya,

After more advice again please, I have 2 stops in London tomorrow one in Southall and one in SW17, whats the best route between these places? And then the best route back out to the M25 with the end destination being Norfolk?

From Southall get on the A312 down to Hampton Court bridge then A309 to the A3. North up A3 to Shannon Cnr (2nd exit) follow A298 to SW17. Then back down the A3 to M25 on your way out.

Nice easy drive roughly 45-60 minutes Southall - SW17 if you get a good run at it.

Dont forget you’ll be in the LEZ in SW17.

Super, thank you very much.

Not worried about the low emission zone, I go into it most days :smiley:

Depending on the time of day, you would be quicker going over Putney or Wandsworth Bridges from Fulham or Hammersmith, this will drop you straight into the top end of SW17.

Out of curiosity, is there any merit in the idea of coming back out the M25 and round, then in on the A3?

Dogmatix:
Out of curiosity, is there any merit in the idea of coming back out the M25 and round, then in on the A3?

Only if you’re a taxi driver charging by the mile :laughing:

What about Kew bridge or Chiswick bridge, any good?

Dogmatix:
What about Kew bridge or Chiswick bridge, any good?

Kew Bridge is the South Peculiar, you’re better off heading a little further in before crossing the river, where in SW17 are you going as it will make a difference?

You can get to Putney or Wandsworth by staying on the A3 if thats where your going but I’d stay outside the south circ if possible. To many traffic lights…

Buy a satnav… :slight_smile:

What and let the satnav pick a route through london, no thanks

Dogmatix:
What and let the satnav pick a route through london, no thanks

Why don’t you get someone, who knows what they are doing, drive it for you. that will save a lot of time. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

don’t bother phone in sick

you cant beat the tried and tested a to z

kr79:
you cant beat the tried and tested a to z

Agree 100%. I still use mine daily.

Sat Navs send everyone the same way leaving the other routes clear though so they’re not all bad!

I’ve found some of my best routes round town by getting lost :slight_smile: and that would never happen with a sat nav

I’ve found some of my best routes round town by getting lost :slight_smile: and that would never happen with a sat nav

[/quote]

I go to central London very often with w&d and will now only use a sat nav, and you don’t have to turn where sat nav sends you if it don’t look correct, so you do find good or better routes more suited to the veh you are in.
As the original poster asked how do I go from A to B in london, on this forum you will get told a 101 different ways to go, as I said, invest in a satnav, probably the most usefull bit of kit for a Truck driver…imho…apart from the lappy of course :laughing: