ADR Training Courses South - West

Does anyone have any idea who offers ADR training in the south west, I am based in Truro Cornwall, I did my training originally with Friendberry and have found another company in Newport. I really wanted somewhere commutable to try to keep costs down. Unfortunately I let my licence expire recently so will have to do the full course.

================================================

I split this from where you’d posted it because the info in the other topic is now very out of date and so might cause confusion. dd. :wink:

bowshirl:
Does anyone have any idea who offers ADR training in the south west, I am based in Truro Cornwall, I did my training originally with Friendberry and have found another company in Newport. I really wanted somewhere commutable to try to keep costs down. Unfortunately I let my licence expire recently so will have to do the full course.

adrlicence.co.uk/centres/cornwall/

bowshirl:

Hi bowshirl,

Unfortunately, your area isn’t very well served with approved ADR providers. :frowning:

Here are a few for you from the SQA master list of approved ADR providers, but it looks like none of them are nearby…

They’re in no particular order:

D & A Training
Shirwell Mill
Loxhore
Barnstaple
EX31 4SZ
Tel: 01271 850521
Email: dandatraining@btconnect.com

Friendberry Ltd
Stogumber
Taunton
TA4 3TP
Tel: 01984 656310
Email: info@friendberry.co.uk
:bulb: (I know that Friendberry do ‘mobile’ courses, so it might be worth giving them a ring to see whether they’ve got a course running near you.)

Fremantle Training & Transport Limited
Rathmore Lodge
Rathmore Road
Torquay
TQ2 6NY
Tel: 01803 293 344
Email: info@fremantletraining.co.uk

Ideal Driver Training Ltd
First Floor 14/15 Paul St
Taunton
SOMERSET
TA1 3PF
Tel: 01823 322000
Email: peter@idealdrivertraining.co.uk

MM Training
1 The Paddock
Killams
Taunton
TA1 3YA
Tel: 07717 651317
Email: m1nch@aol.com

nick2008:

bowshirl:

Nick,

It’s not always possible to get good info by using a search engine, and the link you’ve given is a good example of the point I’m making.

Some of the info is a couple of years out of date, whilst other info is just plain wrong because it never was the case.

When advising somebody of ADR providers, it’s always best to deal directly with an approved ADR provider, because anybody who advertises ADR courses, but isn’t on the SQA approved list is probably taking a cut somewhere along the line. :wink:

dieseldave:

nick2008:

bowshirl:

Nick,

It’s not always possible to get good info by using a search engine, and the link you’ve given is a good example of the point I’m making.

Some of the info is a couple of years out of date, whilst other info is just plain wrong because it never was the case.

When advising somebody of ADR providers, it’s always best to deal directly with an approved ADR provider, because anybody who advertises ADR courses, but isn’t on the SQA approved list is probably taking a cut somewhere along the line. :wink:

Yes dave but I was NOT advising … you have to agree that some members cant use a search engine for some reason or go for a simple option.
The op didn’t ask for advice just

Does anyone have any idea who offers ADR training in the south west

and the following sentence I thought that they may have moved to the area and didn’t know of anywhere …hence I just threw one out that came up on a search.

but point taken Dave . :wink:

nick2008:
… I thought that they may have moved to the area and didn’t know of anywhere …hence I just threw one out that came up on a search.

That’s a fair point Nick, I’ll be honest and say that I hadn’t thought of that. :blush: