ADR courses in South West UK

Any recommendations for ADR courses in Bath or Bristol area,with or without residential courses?Farther afield is no problem,as i have fixed wing PPL and rotary wing helicopter licence.With 1500 hours CPL and ATPL on Airbus and Boeing.VFR and IMC ticket.Ex TAP .

I did mine through Big Wheelers of Cardiff, but the course is actually held at the golf course near Caldicot. :smiley:

peter mill:
Any recommendations for ADR courses in Bath or Bristol area,with or without residential courses?Farther afield is no problem,as i have fixed wing PPL and rotary wing helicopter licence.With 1500 hours CPL and ATPL on Airbus and Boeing.VFR and IMC ticket.Ex TAP .

I did mine here.

PTF Training
Mead Court
Thorpe Mead
Banbury
OX16 4RZ
Tel: 01295 255811
Email: ruthptftraining@aol.com

ptftraining.co.uk/

peter mill:

Hi Peter,

Here are a few ADR providers, but they’re in no particular order:

D&A Training
Shirwell Mill
Loxhore
Barnstaple
EX31 4SZ
Tel: 01271 850521
Email: dandatraining@btconnect.com

Friendberry Ltd
Stogumber
Taunton
TA4 3TP
Tel: 01984 656310
Email: info@friendberry.co.uk [Website: http://www.friendberry.co.uk ]

RLR Services
Rode House
73 Fore Street
Trowbridge
BA14 8HQ
Tel: 01225 775252
Email: rlrservices@btconnect.com

Training Force
Unit 6A
Severnside Trading Estate
St Andrews Road
Avonmouth
BS11 8AG
Tel: 01179 828790
Email: hpople@training-force.co.uk

Friendberry (John) does different kinds of deals and has a licence to offer ‘mobile’ ADR courses, so it might be worth your while visiting his website, or having a word with him or Karen. :wink:

I hope this helps. :smiley:

Chemfreight Dangerous Goods Training from Runcorn run courses at Avonmouth Truckstop.
Not got Contact details here but I am sure you could find them on google.

Just spotted spelling mistake :unamused: Did not mean to call them Chemfright.

peter mill:

Something tells me you’re telling a porkie with regards to your supposed flying qualifications!

1. ATPL is higher than a CPL, so saying you have a CPL is like a HGV 1 driver saying they have there B licence, it’s just stupid and pointless.

2. You can’t have an ATPL on an Airbus and not on a Boeing for instance. Boeing and/or Airbus aircraft would come under type ratings, not licence categories.

3. VFR is not a qualification, it’s a limit, IMC is a ‘rating’ or qualification. Saying you have VFR ‘ticket’ is like the situation in fig. 1.

4. Why would you even consider flying to another destination when, surely, you’d know that you’d be subject to roughly £100 and hour for a Cesna 152 + landing fees + parking fees at another aerodrome + having to rent out another car just to get to the ADR school? If you were a real pilot you’d realise it’d be much cheaper to drive everyday.

Not that I’m nit picking, but I think I’ve raised some valid points :stuck_out_tongue:

KevinG:
Chemfreight Dangerous Goods Training from Runcorn run courses at Avonmouth Truckstop.
Not got Contact details here but I am sure you could find them on google.

Just spotted spelling mistake :unamused: Did not mean to call them Chemfright.

Hi Kev, Whilst what you wrote might still be true, I’m not sure that Chemfreight still offer an ADR course at that location.

I’ve taught ADR for Chemfreight in the past, both at their homebase and on a ‘mobile’ basis, so a phone call to their HQ in Runcorn (01928-580505) would sort out whether they still offer ADR at Avonmouth.

As a general point, it tends to be companies, rather than private individuals, who book ADR courses with Chemfreight. I’m not knocking Chemfreight, their experience and knowledge are beyond reproach, but I’d guess that their course prices might be a factor in that statistic. :wink:

OOOps, double post…

:blush: :blush: SORRY :blush: :blush:

Adam_Mc:

peter mill:

Something tells me you’re telling a porkie with regards to your supposed flying qualifications!

Not that I’m nit picking, but I think I’ve raised some valid points :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Adam_Mc,
Peter’s answers might make for some interesting reading, because to a flying ‘outsider’ (me) you both seem to know something about the subject… :grimacing:

I try to stick to what I know best, but that’s just me. :wink:

D & A training is ok i half know Dean and he is a nice guy, all the big firms in North Devon use him
including Evans Transport.