A75 last Friday

Travelling west last Friday in my car there was loads of slow traffic and i joined the back of a queue at Annan, speeds ranging from 20mph to 40mph.
As we got further on I could see blue lights of a police car and the orange lights of an ■■■■■■ vehicle and two abnormal loads. Nothing allowed to overtake it apart from at the Carrutherstown dual bit.
So my first question is how come that tractor driver was fined £190 for holding traffic up and no action was taken on Friday for being held up for about 20 miles?
Next issue was when we all arrived at the first roundabout at Dumfries, the road is closed and a diversion route signed into town. Not for these boys, they just moved the “road closed” signs and carried on up the by pass, couldn’t see how far. Obviously they had plod at the back so that would cover any illegality but question 2 is if an abnormal has a prescribed route to stick to for numerous reasons, if that route is closed what the hell is he supposed to do? Divert through the nearest town? Hardly since Doris and Albert complain when Juggernauts are diverted past their house when Motorways are closed.
Discuss.

those two abnormal loads ( if its the windmill parts ) normally see them parked up in the laybys on the Dumfries bypass so it could be that was as far as they were going and the road closure was further up but "ordinary traffic " had to come of at the first roundabout .
I’m sure its all worked out and discussed with the police ■■■■■■ before hand .
As for the rest - no idea .

what he said

Are you really asking that question?

Do you know how much planning and red tape abnormal loads have to go through to get them moved to where they need to go, a heck of a lot I imagine.

As for going through the roadworks again probably decided in advance along with the highways agency.

There really is no comparison to a ■■■■ in a tractor that deliberately held p traffic because he could not be arsed to let vehicles pass.

Sorry just can’t understand why you posted this as it comes across as a rant over something that has to be done at some time of the day or night and when ever they do it will cause frustration to other drivers.

Point 1 was probably down to the fact there was no where reasonable to pull in to let traffic past.

Point 2, the works at the roundabouts / road closures are because they are reworking the roundabouts and removing traffic signs / lamp posts for the up coming movements of wind farm sections. Makes sense to shift a few cones rather than have two big loads navigate through Dumfries town centre.

The windmills get special treatment because jimmy cranky(sturgeon ) and her snp Mafia have decreed that South west Scotland becomes a dumping ground for these monstrosities. Sparsely populated so we can be ignored if we object to them, see the Mochrum Fell decision- 500 odd objections, rejected by the local council planning officer but the developer calls it in to the Scottish government who decide in the developer favour. Democracy- not!

Ohhhh why why why. I’ve got two weeks off and I’m meant to be in a good mood. Bounce out of bed full of joy. Go for my early morning movement. Have a browse of tnet while i squeeze…and i see mention of sturgeon. That’s the morning ■■■■■■. Cheers.