A71

Traveling to Irvine in the morning, never been there before, is the A71 a decent road to use or best off to do the extra miles and go round? Setting off from Lockerbie, thanks

A71 is fine. Going through Strathaven is a bit of a squeeze but other than that, it’s a decent road. There is a low bride at Hurlford, about half a mile from Kilmarnock. It’s 15ft3 but you can avoid it by following the signs from the tesco roundabout in galston if you’re too high.
Ps might see you as I’m in Irvine at some point every day.

Thanks mate, off to Ardagh Glassworks 1st thing, time is precious tomorrow - Irvine, Edinburgh x2 and back to Sheffield :open_mouth: don’t fancy my chances but will give it a good shot!!

James7716:
Thanks mate, off to Ardagh Glassworks 1st thing, time is precious tomorrow - Irvine, Edinburgh x2 and back to Sheffield :open_mouth: don’t fancy my chances but will give it a good shot!!

That does sound a bit ambitious. Usually from about lunchtime onwards before I hit Irvine so doubt I’ll see you. Good luck.[emoji3]

Watch out for the speed traps, used to go down the a71 quite regular and entering one of the wee villages there was regularly police camped up waiting… Thing is, I can’t remember the village name… Think it might be Priestland :confused: