A449 Coven Heath Artic poor driving

Sorry just a little rant. Im sure the driver concerned wont read this as he may get paid for driving, but in no way is he a professional driver.

I was travling south on the A449 at Coven Heath just after 5am this morning. An artic with lots of red lights on the cab which i had recently overtaken in a national speed limit me in a red 7.5 tonne lorry slight up hill after a roundabout.

Approaching M54 junction 2. Speed limit drops to 40mph. I slow down to match the speed limit. Artic driver ignores the change in speed limit and pulls into lane 2 on an over take. I intend to carry straight onthe lane i am in moves over to the right a bit to alow a filter lane to turn left onto the M54 towards Birmingham.

Artic driver with lots of lights unable or unwilling
to keep to either the speed limit or in his lane. Hits my door mirrors. I stop and flash my lights. Artic with lots of lights does not stop. Probably going west on M54.

Very little damage done but Mr artic driver with lots of lights could have taken the side of my cab out and me with it, and im sure he still would not have stoped.

Think about it if you want to travel faster than the legal speed limit. in poor weather, rain with lots of surface water.
Drive to fast to stay within your lane when you over take. Your a Very poor Driver.

Rant over time for bed.

Dashcam?

Funnily enough I was on the A449 at about 5am this morning when a 7.5t thing flew past me in attrocious road conditions. No problem as I was quite heavy and taking my time.

Anyway we come to the M54 roundabout and this 7.5t vehicle has slammed the anchors on because of the 40mph speed reduction, as its quiet and nothing about im easing her off nice and gentle to keep some forward mementum for my right turn on the M54 towards Telford.

Imagine my surprise when said puddle jumper pinches a bit of the right hand lane I am entering into, no real issue but as I couldnt see a dashcam in his screen I deceided to give his mirrors a little love tap… :slight_smile:

I can only presume this driver was working all night and a little over-tired as it was past her bedtime.

How big does these buggers think they are… :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Funnily enough I was on the A449 at about 5am this morning when a 7.5t thing flew past me in attrocious road conditions. No problem as I was quite heavy and taking my time.

Anyway we come to the M54 roundabout and this 7.5t vehicle has slammed the anchors on because of the 40mph speed reduction, as its quiet and nothing about im easing her off nice and gentle to keep some forward mementum for my right turn on the M54 towards Telford.

Imagine my surprise when said puddle jumper pinches a bit of the right hand lane I am entering into, no real issue but as I couldnt see a dashcam in his screen I deceided to give his mirrors a little love tap… :slight_smile:

I can only presume this driver was working all night and a little over-tired as it was past her bedtime.

+1

Dipper_Dave:

Mint- what’s the chances of both of you seeing two different incidents exactly the same, I imagine it’s already noted as a accident black spot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How many lights did he have ?
Lots n lots n lots n lots n lots—

Dipper_Dave:

This actually sounds more like it.

Dipper_Dave:

+1…class, :smiley:

Sorry fella had a big job on!and tbh puddle jumpers should pull over and keep out of our way anyway.
Class 1 drivers = THE BOSS

ckm1981:
Sorry fella had a big job on!and tbh puddle jumpers should pull over and keep out of our way anyway.

This and other posts above sum up why professional drivers have such a bad name.

trampyjoe:

ckm1981:

This and other posts above sum up why professional drivers have such a bad name.

Or maybe separates those with a sense of humour from those that don’t…

ckm1981:

trampyjoe:

ckm1981:

Could be, I’m a miserable ■■■■■■■

trampyjoe:

ckm1981:

Whoosh…

trampyjoe:

ckm1981:

trampyjoe:

ckm1981:

Could be, I’m a miserable [zb]

Me too,but people keep laughing at me so I’m amusing someone!

probably ■■■■■■ with puddle jumper tryin to rip his nose off on the motorways and decided to do a little bullying of his own, carry on drive :slight_smile:

RedlorryMan:
Sorry just a little rant. Im sure the driver concerned wont read this as he may get paid for driving, but in no way is he a professional driver.

I was travling south on the A449 at Coven Heath just after 5am this morning. An artic with lots of red lights on the cab which i had recently overtaken in a national speed limit me in a red 7.5 tonne lorry slight up hill after a roundabout.

Approaching M54 junction 2. Speed limit drops to 40mph. I slow down to match the speed limit. Artic driver ignores the change in speed limit and pulls into lane 2 on an over take. I intend to carry straight onthe lane i am in moves over to the right a bit to alow a filter lane to turn left onto the M54 towards Birmingham.

Artic driver with lots of lights unable or unwilling
to keep to either the speed limit or in his lane. Hits my door mirrors. I stop and flash my lights. Artic with lots of lights does not stop. Probably going west on M54.

Very little damage done but Mr artic driver with lots of lights could have taken the side of my cab out and me with it, and im sure he still would not have stoped.

Think about it if you want to travel faster than the legal speed limit. in poor weather, rain with lots of surface water.
Drive to fast to stay within your lane when you over take. Your a Very poor Driver.

Rant over time for bed.

Little steering wheel syndrome

by Contraflow » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:16 am Dashcam

Dashcam in use today.

Dipper_Dave:

Lol. Had a wee chuckle when reading this :slight_smile: