A421, MK-Kingston to J13

hallelujah !

Just been reading the local Rag & in between the Ten Million Adverts (for oven cleaning & dog walking) they’ve finally announced that they are going to Duel the last section (should have been done when they built in in the first place, Bloody Planners :imp: )
Should be done by Summer 2015. (in the meantime, see my Tip below)

I know a few people on here that have probably used that ‘Ladies Private Part of a’ Road, it can take nearly an hour sometimes (although its a bit better since they sorted Junction 13)

I think I’ve mentioned it before- Vikings Tip Of the Day-
Use J14 (even if you are coming from Kingston or Brinklow) takes about 10 minutes longer, but it can save you an hour if you get stuck in the traffic. (as long as the Motorway isn’t knackered :unamused: )

I don’t have a clue what your on about :open_mouth:

A421 between Wavendon and J13 should have been duelled back when it was built. Saved them a million by not dualling it at the time. Martin is saying if you’re in MK and need the M1, use J14 not 13 as it’s still naff.

nick2008:
I don’t have a clue what your on about :open_mouth:

Sorry Nick, in my excitement, I forgot to say- the A421.

Dav1d:
A421 between Wavendon and J13 should have been duelled back when it was built. Saved them a million by not dualling it at the time. Martin is saying if you’re in MK and need the M1, use J14 not 13 as it’s still naff.

Once they finally Duel it, hopefully it will speed up a bit.
For Bedford/Cambridge direction, as we pull out of Wolverton, I often use the A422-up Chicheley Hill, then turn right at Bromham around the New’ish Southern Bedford Bypass/A428 getting on the A421 at Woburn Rd industry estate.