A1 accident near Catterick north

Anybody know how the driver is ?.The milk tanker looks a proper mess and i would be surprised if the driver walked away from that ,hope he did though .

A1 south is shut while the police do their forensic bit and recover the wreckage and have the barrier repaired ,i think it was the A6136 every one is being taken off.North bound is queing because of the rubberneckers taking photos from their cars :imp: and to the absolute Ahole in the silver jag that thinks the correct procedure upon entering a que of traffic is to slam his anchors on nip onto the hard shoulder and reverse back up the on ramp because you missed the exit ramp,i hope your knackers fester and explode :imp:

A picture on Twitter shows the unit is from Daltons Transport & Storage, Thirsk.

The driver is described as seriously injured.

picture removed for review

please read viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103037

Pimpdaddy:

That’s nasty

All on the drivers corner as well. Not good.

Pray he was wearing his seatbelt and managed to get out OK …

More details.
northyorkshire.police.uk/11788

May not have been wearing seatbelt.

The driver was thrown from the cab onto the north-bound carriageway and suffered serious injuries.

He wasnt wearing a seat belt. He was thrown a long way from the cab. Hes still alive but only just. If he does survive he will most probably be brain dead. He is in a comma drs say he has about a 20% chance. Im his brother in laws best friend.

Pimpdaddy:
picture removed for review

please read viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103037

Alternative acceptable photo of the sad incident already in the Public Domain.

Ok…sorry

Hi I just thought you guys should know the driver is doing ok.

He is still in hospital and has been put into a coma to help with his injuries.
I think it is discusting people saying he died.

Me and the driver have a daughter together and i know the driver is fully much alive with NO brain damage.

Imagine if our daughter was looking through the Internet and read that her dad was dead on some forum? It would wreck her life.

So just to put the record straight, the driver is very much alive.

Also just like to mention that he was traveling south bound, was thrown from his wagon and landed on the north bound carriageway that’s why the traffic was stopped in both directions.

helenmarie:
Also just like to mention that he was traveling south bound, was thrown from his wagon and landed on the north bound carriageway that’s why the traffic was stopped in both directions.

Horrendous accident hope he makes a full recovery, at the end of the day were all just trying to earn a living and the least we all deserve is to go home safely to our families.

Hi Helen, I just want to wish you your child and the driver the very best of luck, I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery :wink:

tachograph:
Hi Helen, I just want to wish you your child and your ex partner the very best of luck, I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery :wink:

Thank you I’m sure he will. Just to also mention he is my ex partner but we keep in contact for our daughter.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Looking at that picture, IF he wasn’t wearing his seatbelt - that being the reason for being thrown out of the cab… I’d say that’s what’s kept him alive.