A timeline since I started driving {{PICS}}

1st Job, Apprentice Driver at the age of 17, passed at 18 (Young Drivers Scheme)

2nd Job, Fancied a change from Pallets

3rd Job, Moved South, joined TA as well as driving

New wagon replacing the 1820

4th, Fancied a shot at some Steel work

5th Job, Went to work for the MOD full time

Got some real action

Got my Cat D through the MOD

6th, Left MOD and went back to National workt

7th, Current Day

Some good pictures there mate!! Didn’t know W M Armstrong put people through the YDS when it was about. Ever thought about going onto the artics?? Not a bad truck to start out on either, nothing like a old scania to wake you up on an early morning :laughing: :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Cheers, Just never got round to it I suppose, Always been earning either the same whack or more on the rigids, my old man, cousin and granda are all drivers (Granda is 80 & Still driving, fit as a fiddle)

C10HOO:
Cheers, Just never got round to it I suppose, Always been earning either the same whack or more on the rigids, my old man, cousin and granda are all drivers (Granda is 80 & Still driving, fit as a fiddle)

A question my friend…what does the British military do for trucks now
there is no Foden ect.

jonnytruckfest:
nothing like a old scania to wake you up on an early morning :laughing: :smiley:

)

theres a quote to send shivers down my spine after having a p cab scania!!

great pictures, although im not sure i fancy the mod part personally, hats off to you for doing it!

Trubrit:

C10HOO:

A question my friend…what does the British military do for trucks now
there is no Foden ect.

Leyland DAF DROPS (Demountable Rack Offload Pickup System) Used until the MAN version is introduced

MAN 8 wheel, 6 wheel, 4 wheel varients (interchangable parts) slowly replacing Bedford TK/TM and the DAF’s

For the heavy stuff the Seddons are getting phased out and replaced with American Oshkosh’s

nice set of pictures and info , how come you have top gun dereks truck then :laughing:
don’t you go scratching it

Sod knows, he broke his leg or something, went in the office

Just read the ‘Horse Head’ story in Trucking, bet they got some funny looks en route!

C10HOO:
Leyland DAF DROPS (Demountable Rack Offload Pickup System) Used until the MAN version is introduced

Also known as a skip lorry :laughing:

Roger Breaker:
Just read the ‘Horse Head’ story in Trucking, bet they got some funny looks en route!

Ahh the huge one in London? I did a smaller one to Kent.

It was from Liverpool to Goodwood racecourse, a Magnum and tandem low loader, and an FM 8-wheeler and a Daf 45 I believe, not got it to hand at the moment. When I looked through it I recognised the livery (no pun intended :wink:) from this thread.