£££Tips ?

I don’t ‘work’ for tips but in the past I’ve had jobs where people seem happy to tip you, especially if you regularly go above & beyond (like me :smiley: ).

On vehicle recovery it was common to have £40-£80 a week thrust into my palm, I would always half protest, always say it was against company rules (which it was) but always end up with a £fiver, £tenner, sometimes even a crisp £20 note thrust upon me.

Those days are long gone, sometimes I’d buy a meal on the return journey but more often I’d bung them into our companies chosen charity collection box. You need to trust me on this, but one quarter I/we had a thank you letter from Barnardo’s for £730 !

I’m now working for a builders merchants & was quite taken aback this morning when an old lady insisted I take a £5 tip because her son wasn’t there to shift her 1/2 ton of slabs round the back & out of sight of the thieving scum.

Our branch doesn’t have a charity collection box & I don’t trust the manager.

Best worthy cause posted here before Monday gets a £5 donation

The Ketteringham holiday of a lifetime fund…

At the top of the page ^^^

Piston broke:
The Ketteringham holiday of a lifetime fund…

At the top of the page ^^^

definatly +1

Madguy :smiling_imp:

^+2

jx

the PDF foundation, and also above +3

e-clubhouse.org/sites/bourneuk/page-9.php

Not in my usual range of worthy causes, but it’s something I like to think I’d do if I knew my time was up beforehand.

If I can find my bloody chq’ book it’s in the post on Monday.

Thanx.

Help for heroes…

DAF95XF:
Help for heroes…

+100

The Ketteringham holiday of a lifetime fund as said earlier.

Obsessed with tips much, Chas? It’s only been six months since your last £tips topic.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78855&p

thelorryist:

DAF95XF:
Help for heroes…

+100

+200

In 20+ years of semi regular part time driving I can remember being tipped … once! £20 from a farmer who had diversified into selling those green plastic fuel tanks. I just pushed them off the curtain sider onto the forks of his JCB.

Usually the only tips I ever get are “You should have been here at xyz time driver.”

Driveroneuk:
In 20+ years of semi regular part time driving I can remember being tipped … once! £20 from a farmer who had diversified into selling those green plastic fuel tanks. I just pushed them off the curtain sider onto the forks of his JCB.

Usually the only tips I ever get are “You should have been here at xyz time driver.”

and you should reply " why what did i miss?"… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I drive a bit on weekends for a well known Scandinavian furniture co. the less work you do at the delivery the more chance of a tip,the customers who want it stuck straight in the garage give you the tips those upstairs in the flats are lucky to even say thanks.One of our drivers got a tip of a ■■■■■■■■ farmer the other day he gave him half a dozen eggs.

Occasionally get a nice envelope with some notes in but it’s a rarity, think its happened to me twice maybe 3 times and that went straight into my rent I owed but when I am a bit more flush and it happens again help for heroes will be getting a top up