6 points before two years?

Coming up to nearly two years driving now and at the back of my mind always worried about picking up 6 points(none yet) is it true you will have to take a re test if you collect 6 points or more (class 1 and 2) or is it just a car licence.

I’m sure it just applies to the car although LGV licences come under the scope of traffic commissioners who I believe can revoke licences for things other than points.

I’m sure you can be asked to do a re-test :wink:

According to the DVLA site it’s if you get 6 points within 2 years of your first driving test. I took this to mean first ever not first in a particular category :confused: .

I think it does mean first ever. So it basically means your first car or bike test as you’d have to take at least one of these before adding anything else.

Although as mentioned I beleive Traffic commisioners can revoke an HGV/PCV licence for other reasons, say you were conviticted of drug dealing or something.

Traffic Commisioners have more power than magistrates or judges. they do not need evidence! They are probably the 2nd most powerful people after customs and excise.

NEW DRIVERS: if you passed your car test after 1997 and you incur 6 or more point, you will be asked to resit your full car test, this dos not apply to people who passed their car test befor 1997 ie: if you get banned from driving and you passed your car test before 1997 you will not have to re-sit your full test, you will just have to wait until your driving ban is up, it only applies to LGV drivers if you passed after 1997, you would have to sit both full tests again

ROGUE:
NEW DRIVERS: if you passed your car test after 1997 and you incur 6 or more point, you will be asked to resit your full car test,

I am sure that the 6 points and retest rule came in later than 97 rogue,maybe around 2000 .
I know that if you passed your car test after 97 you do not automatically recieve 7.5 T entitlement though as I passed my test jan 97 and was not able to drive anything larger than 3.5T untill I passed my class 2

I believe it was Feb 2000 it came in.