3663 again my experience

Signed up with new agency ,
and yes you guessed it the only work they had was 3663.

But beggers cant be choosers,agreed to do a shift.
ANYWAY its been 2 years since i worked for them so things might have improved :unamused:

Started at 5am,
was faced with a 6 wheeler 18tonne 08` Scania ,
nice wagon but a bit to big for multi dropping in my opinion.

went for my paper work 8 drops in Birmingham,
this should be fun i thought.
Next thing i was introduced to my drivers mate :shock:

I never agreed to baby sit a 18 yr old wanna be truck driver,
who must of ate 6 packet of crisps ,
3 chocolate bars and had a 2 litre bottle of pop by the time
i got out of the yard.
Started moaning when i put on radio 2,but soon went to sleep :imp:

1st drop Bull Ring Birmingham,
No hint on which enterance to drop of at,
phoned office and had to wait 30,mins for delivery details.
then had to unload,from pallets into cages :unamused:
push them on a lift,
get of at floor 1 push them through a maze of corridors,
to find the back door to burger king,
Stack them all with labels out so they could be checked,
took 3 trips as i had over 90 boxes,
took 1 hour to do
only 7 drops left. :unamused:

Finished after a 12 hour shift,
Never again,

Drivers mate continued phoning his mates,texting and eating rubish through the whole shift,
Delivery addresses were pointless,
and had to carry each individual box through restraunt doors
with my drivers mate thinking he was in gladiartors.

Made Ā£100ish for the day,
but would have been easier to cut of my finger and
get Ā£3000 from my bupa policy next time

Why do 3663 make it so hard on themselves,
what happened to drag pallet of tail lift at the back door
and get a signature? :wink:

Thats the same as brakes who i was placed with through an agency. Was supposed to be there for 4 days but after 2 days iā€™d had enough so told agency i wouldnt be going back!!
I also had a drivers mate who worked at brakes as a mate only as he had no licence. Was told he knows all the delivery points etc etc & that he would deal with paperwork etc & help with route. I looked at paperwork & asked what order the drops were being done in. Anyway got to 1st drop only to find heā€™d changed the order of the deliveries & the cages i wanted were right at the front of the truckā€¦to which i replied im not dragging everything out so weā€™ll do it in order as it was loaded.
Then i got to a place & i asked did he know this place & should i drive in or back in to which he replied yeah drive in theres loads of room to turn roundā€¦NOT!!! ended up having to back out onto a busy main road. I told him to watch me out onto the road but the guy was so useless he kept dissapearing behind the wagon & i couldnt see him in my mirrors!!!
2 days of hell & would never go back or do that kind of work again. Some people might like it but its not for me!!

Interesting couple of posts,didnā€™t realise Brakes and 3663 gave you a mate. :open_mouth:
A few months ago applied for a job with B.O.C. on Sureflow,going round pubs,clubs etc.,decided against it after asking about them on here.
Saw one of their trucks the other day with a mate as well and truck was really compact for a Class 2.

Sounds a bit of a nightmare. Pity, was gonna apply for a job with themā€¦ apparently they pay well :question:

They do pay well ,
and once you get to know various routes,
there probably wont be a problem.

Just be prepared to work 10 hours none stop a day. :frowning:
(besides dinner)
No relaxing waiting for loads etcā€¦

If you are thinking of working for them,
just do a day with a agency first ,

You never know
one mans rubish is
anothers treasure :laughing:

Macka Packa:
They do pay well ,
and once you get to know various routes,
there probably wont be a problem.

Just be prepared to work 10 hours none stop a day. :frowning:
(besides dinner)
No relaxing waiting for loads etcā€¦

l:

Your lucky mate, i did over 13hrs both days & had to clock tacho break while unloading as there just wasnt enough hours in the day. 1 thing that annoyed me was the time it took to unload at each drop. Drag cages off sometimes having to go up in lifts 1 cage at a time, then empty everything out of the cages & check off every item against list. Could take over hr at some places & i had 15-20 drops.

MUG springs to mind!!!

I agree its a tough game,
i did brakes when i first passed my test.

Hated squeezing into that side door to get at the frozen.

But if i got no other work i will go back and do a shift Friday/saturday.

I just dont understand why Brakes/3663 run a business like that ? :confused:

a) why have a nice fleet of wagons
only to spend 70% of our time handballing boxes?

b) the goods are of so little value (ketchup,salad,chips etcā€¦)
i would of thought it made sense too , not waste time sorting it out,
just to drop and drive ?

But then again i,m not paid to think. :cry:

Its definately a eye opener for new starters though,

Ohh yeahhhh , last rant but !!!

Why , why why , do i need the address of their front shop window
surley by now they
could give me the adrdress of delivery point (i.e back or side door) :imp:

DBC are no better, but they all will generally give new drivers a start. For that alone Iā€™m grateful, and I gained a good working knowledge of London off th eback of it.

It is bloody hard work, and the pay is OK if you can get the work done in a good time. If you can crack this sort of work then most other things will be a lot easier. I did it for 9 months or so mostly multidropping routes of 20+ Caffe Nero shops in central London (I learnt 3 of these routes) and didnā€™t exactly love it but could do it as quick as the next man.

I agree 8wheels,

I,m also gratefull for a couple of quid extra to pay the mortgage

But they seem to go out of their way to make a simple job complicated.

My son was doing agency work on 7.5 tonners before he landed a permanent job.The worse job he ever had,and he tried it two or three times before he gave it the elbow,was Delice de France.Delivering frozen bread rolls multi drop to restaraunts,school kitchens and the like.Another double manned job,but on one run he had to run from Stone to Preston to pick up his second man.Only thing was,the second man was in his car telling my lad to follow.He didnā€™t want to stop for a break,he wanted to finish and get off home.When he got back,my lad told the agency that if theyā€™d got nowt else,heā€™d rather stay in bed,but it was a good agency and they always found him other work,and eventually a full time job.
This was a case of a good agency with some crap customers,I suppose it must happen.

I did a stint at Bookers before it became 3663 as an agency driver.
I had to do Birch services and the Burger Kings both sides which most times emptied the wagon. Then return to the depot, load up and deliver to both K.F.Cā€™s at Alton Towers. All hand ball into the freezers.No mate either.
Very tired but all experience eh.

Passed class c on saturday so called the agency whoā€™m i signed up with weeks ago ā€œoh goodā€ they say we have a job for you,can you start at 4am with west cornwall pastie Co in long crendon,delivring to london stations,ok says i,get there on time & wait 1.5 hours for a truck to return of another run,in the end we deliver to wichester,chichester & brighton,usually handballing boxes of pasties up at least 2 flights of stairs into there freezer,cos the numpties in the shop cant be arsed,brighton was unload into cages,thru maze of corridors into lift,then more corridors,then into another freezer.Got another 3 days of this!!!

DT@Leightonhaul:
Passed class c on saturday so called the agency whoā€™m i signed up with weeks ago ā€œoh goodā€ they say we have a job for you,can you start at 4am with west cornwall pastie Co in long crendon,delivring to london stations,ok says i,get there on time & wait 1.5 hours for a truck to return of another run,in the end we deliver to wichester,chichester & brighton,usually handballing boxes of pasties up at least 2 flights of stairs into there freezer,cos the numpties in the shop cant be arsed,brighton was unload into cages,thru maze of corridors into lift,then more corridors,then into another freezer.Got another 3 days of this!!!

Itā€™s a foot on the ladder :smiley:

sorry 4 the late reply rog but yeah,spose so,warming to the job now,did newbury,wimbledon & reading today,back at the depot by 12.30 & less handball to boot,and it gives me a chance to practice what i learnt last week!!

haha reading these post reminds me of a day for swithenbanks in bradford aka 3663 i had 24 drops down derby rollsroyce plans 2 the cantees a i was chassing my arss all day no time for a break really it got put on break a a drop if theres was time after the drop i could catch my breath i was gettin phone calls can u go 2 so and so they want there delivery now so had 2 drive out of my way 2 do it on the way back up had 2 drop at a alfretion tesco for the canteen i was waiting half hour for gate 2 be opened i rung up said theres no way iā€™m going 2 get bk as it was 5 o clock i started at 3 in the morning so i did my last drop in chesterfield and got 2 jct 33 and park in the indusrial est in rotherham at 1750 rungthem told them were i was a driver arrived at half 9 i didnā€™t get finished untill half 11 they only payed my agency untill 6 and deducted me 45 i was so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off there rung the agenc requesting me the next week suprise suprise i said no not for a weeks wage

I worked for Brakes in Tamworth for just over 15 months. It is hard work and the first few months were very tough, but once i knew my area and where the drops were it went a lot better. I covered Worcester city centre. I was out at 5 o clock most mornings but back in the yard for 2 to 3 o clock most days. I moved as an opportunity came up that was too good to refuse, but if i had to i would go back no worries. Theres always a good bunch of lads working for them too. Made many friends and canā€™t say i regretted going there.
I too heard the horror stories before i worked for them and was told by many i had made a big mistake. It wasnā€™t that bad. Another thing to take in to consideration is these companies are among the few that will give newbies a chance and its a way to get that o so needed experience.

looking at the 3663 web-site just then and theyre wanting drivers for the south west and southe east areas

I had to do another day with 3663 on
Saturday because i was skint.

I did a full 15hrs,
was shattered but got
Ā£11.00 p/h x 14.5hrs = Ā£160 for 1 day.
might be able to afford beef paste butties now :laughing:

So i am gratefull to Mr 3663 this week :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Macka Packa:
I had to do another day with 3663 on
Saturday because i was skint.

Ā£11.00 p/h x 14.5hrs = Ā£160 for 1 day

Nice money!

Rubbish hours for a Saturdayā€¦ But Iā€™m starting to warm to 3663!

Since you usually do 12hr+ days there.

3 days a week normally pull in Ā£230 - Ā£250
after tax.
(but you need the other 4 days to recover :slight_smile: )