24v cooker from cdc truckshop £25

i’m considering buying a cooker for my volvo fh are they any good, and do they get enough power from a cig lighter socket or do they need wiring direct to the battery?

Have you got the FH 1 or FH 2, as I seem to remember the 24V socket on the later one needs upgrading for high outputs ? Crazy I know.

its an fh1 i think, it doesn’t have the new light clusters

I think the FH 1 went up to 51 Reg.

Anyway, I know I’ve used 24V kettles in the 24V socket on those and there’s been no problems, so you might be alright.
Do you know the Amperage drawn on the cooker ? - what amps its claimed to draw ?

its listed as 24 v 300 w. i don’t know enough about electricity to know the amps
exelbyservices.co.uk/ovens.html

That’s 12.5amps at 24v, so you need to check what the fuse for that socket is, if its a 10 then you need to upgrade the wiring to the fusebox and socket professionally or run it straight off the battery, if the fuse is 15amps or above you should be fine.

Kiowan:
That’s 12.5amps at 24v, so you need to check what the fuse for that socket is, if its a 10 then you need to upgrade the wiring to the fusebox and socket professionally or run it straight off the battery, if the fuse is 15amps or above you should be fine.

Sounds right to me, too.

thanks a lot lads i’ll check it out before spending any money.

I’ve got one of these ovens and can thoroughly recommend it. I drive an XF ssc and connected it to the wires in the overhead locker which are intended for a microwave,rated at 40amps. Does your Volvo have anything similar?

Highlander:
I’ve got one of these ovens and can thoroughly recommend it. I drive an XF ssc and connected it to the wires in the overhead locker which are intended for a microwave,rated at 40amps. Does your Volvo have anything similar?

no i’ve only got standard cig lighter and hella sockets. its a fairly old truck so i don’t want to spend money on boosting any wiring circuits