20plate DAF XF

Currently driving a 20 plate XF DAF.

Does anyone know how to change the interior curtains?

I had a set of blackout curtains from an actros that I used to drive, so may have to change the hooks that fit into the rails if they are different.

The main questions i have, are how do you remove the original curtains, to gain access to the track? and how do you remove the tie backs?

With the tracks, there is a torx screw at the end (by the back of the door end), but that looks like it will not give enough room to either remove the curtains, or fit the new ones. On the other end (above the windscreen), the track has a stop in it, that looks like it is pushed in, but I cannot seem to remove it, maybe Im not using enough force.

With the tie backs, they appear to be on a plastic push fitting, but again, I dont want to use brute force, incase there is a specific way of removing them.

The Merc was easy, undo the joiner on the tracks above the windscreen and feed the curtains in. The tie backs were held in by a screw fitting.

The curtains come out via the windscreen. Just push the thing that’s stop them coming out of the track with a screw driver. As for the tie back no idea.

fingermissing:
The curtains come out via the windscreen. Just push the thing that’s stop them coming out of the track with a screw driver. As for the tie back no idea.

Thank you, will try that when Im back in on Monday

On. 19 reg daf.
Look at curtain track at each end on bed end…your see a fixed hook
Don’t need a screw driver to remove it. Turn turn the hook half a turn by hand and it will come out.
Pull curtains off.
Insert fixed hook again and turn half a turn to clip it back into place

edd1974:
On. 19 reg daf.
Look at curtain track at each end on bed end…your see a fixed hook
Don’t need a screw driver to remove it. Turn turn the hook half a turn by hand and it will come out.
Pull curtains off.
Insert fixed hook again and turn half a turn to clip it back into place

Thank you, I saw the fixed hook, but didnt try turning it, as there was the torx in front, and I thought that was something to do with it.

Wasnt sure about the curtains going in that end, as they appeared really close to the plastic trim behind, so looked like a right faff to put them in.