2 Week diary with pictures

First time i have done this, so hope it works and is right! Took some pictures over a two week period, not so much of the trucks I was driving but the variety of loads. Hope they interest someone.
Tipping Thatcham, load of drums containing aluminium. Hazardous classification, the aluminium is used in the manufacture of Thermalite building blocks, and gives the blocks the distinctive colour. Quite a heavy load.

Reloading with a full load of empty drums.

Later in week same load, but for Borough Green, Kent (home of Astran originally)

Empty, just have to reload full load of empties again.
tipping in Felixstowe watched trucks being loaded onto flat containers for export. Here a tipper is lowered onto one of Calvers Volvos.
The load for Felixstowe consisted of tissue paper from Sweden.

trailer ex Purfleet Deep Warf, for Havant, Romsey and Thurrock.

Load was all back to front, typical groupage!Tractor on back was last tip.

This little tractor was 2nd tip…

…along with pallet at front, which was on top of 1st tip. Had to go to 2nd 1st.

Pulled out of farm and got stuck behind this queue. At front a poor bloke was reversing his artic back to the main road to let us lot through, about 2 miles of winding lane!

Next day at Rettendon, Essex, access via farm yard and roads.

Met tipper coming other way through yard.

Next day, 28tonnes steel for Edmonton. Always took tilts in to here, hated it, full strip out.

■■■■ heavy load to drag around.

Now it’s a doddle with a Euroliner.

sheet to protect trailer bed from oil is peeled back.

Load craned out through roof, I always help with stropping for crane.

Last bit lifted off.

Next day were the big gales. I wanted a nice heavy load to collect after bobtailing to Chipping Norton to collect empty trailer.

Unfortunately this lot from near Oxford only weighed 6 tonnes!

Next day (Friday tipping 26 tonnes cable in Eastleigh, Hants.

I spent ages coiling all the straps back up (they are fixed to trailer)…

…only to find i needed them for reload at Chandlers Ford!

Racing yacht destined for Sweden, plus two dingy’s and associated trailers and gear. Struggle to fork lift yacht on, trailer was first, them eased the yacht to sit on the trailer.

Talk about a variety of loads!!!

Super quality pics.

Ken.

nice one, heck of a secection of loads, it certainly helps keep the job varied!!

mines the yacht at the bottom please :smiley:

your dairy was great and the photos also very good, I have only one critic
and that is your load of steeldrums, is forrbidden here in germany to load
in a tilt/curtainsider the load as you had and is a very big NO NO also due to the additional hazard as it being ADR//HAZERDOUS load,
thanks for the post will be waiting for your next one,

yep, know what you mean Pete, wouldn’t have it in Germany that way. Trailer came from Sweden and was going back there with empties.

A good variety of loads there DC…maybe you should post a link in the newbie forum to give them some idea about what they can expect to be doing in their chosen career!!!

Strip outs, cranes, mixed up loads, straps, straps and more straps!! :laughing: :laughing:

Very interesting with cracking pictures as well :slight_smile:

Anyone know who the export Wendy House FL10 used to belong to?

Ken.

Great read & pictures mate

what a great diary. quality snaps. now thats the sort of job i want, nice and varied. i’ll give ya 50 quid for one of those mowers :laughing:

Great diary…nice to see such variation in the loads.

Good one that, nice to see some local Essex scenes.

Quinny:
Anyone know who the export Wendy House FL10 used to belong to?

Ken.

h j calvers, felixstowe

they have recently been brought out by seven assett management, so they now have a deep blue livery on their new trucks

they have recently been brought out by seven assett management

I’ve been seeing them about and wondered where they’d sprung up from.

8wheels:

i could be wrong, but i think seven is something to do with a guy who was high up in russel davis

they have several different operations to ther name like fridge rental, asset management etc etc

euromat:

8wheels:

i could be wrong, but i think seven is something to do with a guy who was high up in russel davis

they have several different operations to ther name like fridge rental, asset management etc etc

Mat, the guy you’re thinking of is Roy Dunnett - who is now chairman of S.A.M. - They also have another container puller in the group called Seven Lincs, who have actually acquired Calvers.

http://www.sevengroup.co.uk/pdf_docs/Company%20Background.pdf

Those old Calvers motors have awesome mileages on them - Seven have been selling them off on their usedtrucks website and I think a couple of them were close to a million Kms. I guess they are off to Africa or somewhere to do another million??

I saw a couple for sale at the Mendlesham Group garage on the A140, Seven’s used trucks operation are based at MGH’s yard at Mendlesham.

Variety is the spice of life!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice pics and diary M8

You must know a mate of mine, Barry.

He’s ex-Murfitts and been with Unitruc for several years now.

Good pics. Plenty of variety to keep you ‘on your toes’, eh?? :wink:

Good read and pics :smiley: