2 observations...

…started doing a regular weekly run down to Yeovil.
1st observation, Morrisons distribution centre off the M5 at Bridgwater…IT’S MASSIVE! Must be great for local employment, It was a real eye opener passing the site the first time.
2nd observation…Michael Wood services Northbound is no good for parking a wagon and Drag/longer than usual Artic. Having manoeuvred into a parking space I was surprised that planners had negated to understand just how much room lorry’s need when getting in and out of the parking bays. I had to re-park to let a Walkers Artic out…mainly due to the raised kerbs.

There are quite a few msa’s that have failed to either plan or adapt for anything other than a standard unit and trailer. Had a few problems with 15mtr rear steer trls, hats off to any of the folks driving loooong trailers especially trying to park at night!

I’m just up the road, if you need any local information etc, holla.

Tipper Tom:
I’m just up the road, if you need any local information etc, holla.

Might just do m8…if I’m running late I might need to park up in Yeovil area. Do you know of any lorry parks in the area…secureish?

There is an ind est literally minutes walk from the town. I forget the name though! :blush:

Some of the MSA’s bays are bloody awkward to get a 12m long 8 wheeler out of, turn to soon and the tail will repaint the next blokes cab and get the tail right across the line and you start to run out of space to turn as the turning circle is not the best. Just thankful that I rarely frequent the places and never at night.

Just re-read me first post.
Replace “planners” with “truck park designers”.
(An unnecessary post but the Missus has just put Strictly on…need diversions)

What gave you the idea that MSA’s were for lorries?

Truckbling:

General stench of ■■■■ in the area?

Own Account Driver:

Truckbling:

General stench of ■■■■ in the area?[/quote

lol its funny cos its true…

More room in the cattle market off junction 24 on the M5, there is a good cafe there, and soon it will be pay to park with a new shower block and all night security guard, it is free at the moment.
There is a shower at the rear of the livestock unloading building.
There is a pub next door, that does good meals,real ales,on the entrance to the cattle market, there is a farm shop with a cafe.