2 new experiences in one day

1. I got called ‘Drive’ for the first time

2. I had my first ‘knock’. where i just caught the corner of the rear bumper on a wooden post and manged to bend it into a shape i never thought possible.

Then when i got back to the depot, i was handed my new contract, which means i’m no longer on probation :smiley:

:grimacing: congrat’s

I’ve just recently found though “drive” can be both an “affectionate” name and an insult - Some of these people at r.d.c’s have developed a way of saying “drive” in a nasty way that really makes me feel like dropping them :laughing:

I found it a bit weird actually, i dont like it :laughing:

Nice one, I take you told them about the bumper after you got the contract? :laughing: :laughing:

Do you ever drive one of the volvos at turners? See them most of the time, always got a replacement panel over one of the headlights :smiley:

hah, no, i rang up and told them as soon as it happened, and was told if it’s not hanging off or dangerous, carry on and bring the load back :laughing:

We dont have any Volvo’s at our depot, ours are all 52 plate ERF’s and 57/08 MANS, all in good condition. The Yellow Peril i had today is pretty much held together by sticky tape though, bloody thing!

To save starting a new topic, i today i also found out the the Hatfield Perveral depot i’m based at will be gone in 2012, with Arla opening a new Billion litre dairy.

Could be a ■■■■ load of new jobs available, the location is being kept ‘top secret’, but i’ve seen that there is land being cleared at J29 (A127) on the M25, so it could be there.

arla.com/press/arla-foods-uk … ilk-dairy/

But would this mean that Oakthorpe and Hoddesden would be vulnerable to the chop?

Stan

I haven’t head anything about Oakthorpe or Hoddesdon closing, but i know our one definitly is, but now you mention it,i cant see why they would keep them open…

sorry to dig this old one up

C-Kay:
I haven’t head anything about Oakthorpe or Hoddesdon closing, but i know our one definitly is, but now you mention it,i cant see why they would keep them open…

oakthorpe is prime building site really would make sence to sell it , that & residents across the road don’t like tankers loitering out side on the road , to much of that then akbar & gatehouse ray get all upity .not been to hoddesdon , but hatfield was a crap tip , just like chadwell heath, i liked oakthorpe simply because once backed on the bay you could get in a decent 1.5 hr kip .only problem is there’s more holdups, sheffield park closed, ruislip closed just puts more strain on the existing ones that can’t cope with what they’ve got anyway

& don’t worry about being called ‘drive’, drive as i’m still called ‘boy’ usually by 25 yearolds & i’m nearly 40 ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, it’s been confirmed that it’s going beside the A127.

Molepower - i dont have a problem tipping at Hatfield Peveral, if it’s busy i can just park up and leave it there for the night shunter to sort out :smiley: I agree about Chadwell Heath though, it’s forever shutting down because they have no room for the milk. I’ve wasted so many hours in that place :angry:

Never been to Oakthorpe so i cant comment on what it’s like up there, and never been to Hoddesdon either