10 Hours Driving

i have a feeling people will laugh at me now but here goes,

when you extend your driving hours to 10 hours (2 lots of 45 mins in between, obviously) do you need to ‘compensate’ for it?

by this i mean take at least 11 hours rest or is it ok to just take a 9 hours rest after this and then carry on as normal?

i am guessing you dont have to take 11 after driving for 10 hours in one day (you can just take a 9 hours rest if you have any left to take!) but would like to make sure?

No you don’t have to compensate. Just have your 9hrs then back on the road.

cheers mark.

i thought that was the case but just wanted clarification. dont want the feds doing me in do we?

just remember it’s a max of 56 driving in any one week and a max of 90 in any fortnight. - think I got that right…

ROG:
just remember it’s a max of 56 driving in any one week and a max of 90 in any fortnight. - think I got that right…

i dont need to worry about that Rog as i only do a max of three/four days a week.

cheers anyway Rog

Giblsa:

ROG:

i dont need to worry about that Rog as i only do a max of three/four days a week.

cheers anyway Rog

I suppose you don’t need more than that when you are being paid an hourly rate of £25…

Giblsa:

cheers anyway Rog

Have you left the navy ?
Or are the military also running short of work :laughing:

my boss is more chilled out than bob marley on a friday and if i need to take any days off he tends to let me do that. if he was anymore laid back he would be horizontal, (plus we have someone in the office that is keen as mustard and wants to do quite a bit of my work to learn more of the job for promotion, get in there, if they want to do my work for me to gain experience in this job then all the better)

when i do leave thenavy i will need to keep an eye on the hours though!