Yodel to close at Shaw Near Oldham [Corrected]

Andrejs:
In next 5-10 years will be closed plenty small and medium warehouse and builder big one.I think as well Tesco will closed some Bookers.Will not surprised if Sainsbury closed some Argos.

That IS the plan with the old Argos stores, one by one as their lease`s come up they will go, pure business sense …

All the supermarket mega sheds are too big, and they have excess space, Sainsbury`s have moved to sort this problem out with Argos going in… after all, its only a “click&collect” operation with a bit of retail on the FMCG stuff…

Stanley Mitchell:

Andrejs:
In next 5-10 years will be closed plenty small and medium warehouse and builder big one.I think as well Tesco will closed some Bookers.Will not surprised if Sainsbury closed some Argos.

That IS the plan with the old Argos stores, one by one as their lease`s come up they will go, pure business sense …

All the supermarket mega sheds are too big, and they have excess space, Sainsbury`s have moved to sort this problem out with Argos going in… after all, its only a “click&collect” operation with a bit of retail on the FMCG stuff…

Sainsbury so.e 3 years ago build new DC in Crick with rail connection.Before Argos and Sainsbury sale in store Tv,Pc and more.It is was from different warehouse.Now it is can come from one place.Same situation Tesco and Booker.Co op and Nisa.

Stanley Mitchell:

Andrejs:

But why need pay extra tax rent if can sald all in one.In Leicester one Argos was near Tesco.They closed down and move to Sainsbury.Good for business.

leicestermercury.co.uk/news … nt=sitemap

moomooland:
Mod’s edit:
I have received the following message from Yodel on 23/04/2018:
“To clarify Yodel will remain in Shaw and NO Yodel jobs are at risk. I would therefore be grateful if you could remove or update this post.”

The rest of this topic should be read in light of the update above. dd.

Well the mods censor got it wrong again.

When i posted this thread originally back in 2018 i was told in no uncertain terms i was wrong to publish such news as it was totally untrue.

Well just to let everyone know here’s the latest, with 400 houses to be built on the whole site in Shaw.

Oldham Chronicle Article

shaw (1).jpg Up to 400 new homes could be built on a huge industrial estate in Oldham under plans due to go out to public consultation this week.

A developer has unveiled plans to demolish Shaw Distribution Centre and transform the site off Linney Lane into a residential estate.

Oldham Chronicle Article

We havent heard anything, and we put 2 trailers per day into there for onward shipment.

Ken.

To be fair, Yodel did announce a couple of months back they were looking to build a new distribution centre near there present location, but I got the feeling that meant within 30 miles of Shaw.

Shop Direct are moving to Castle Donnington, closing a number of different very old mills and warehouses, so Yodel will have to change their operations to match the change.

For some reason every time I see/hear Yodel I think of this:

ETS:
For some reason every time I see/hear Yodel I think of this:

Cracking shot hope you’ve got a ladder

moomooland:
Mod’s edit:
I have received the following message from Yodel on 23/04/2018:
“To clarify Yodel will remain in Shaw and NO Yodel jobs are at risk. I would therefore be grateful if you could remove or update this post.”
The rest of this topic should be read in light of the update above. dd.

Told you back in 2018 but you would have none of it. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Quinny:
We haven’t heard anything, and we put 2 trailers per day into there for onward shipment.

Ken.

Looks like you were the last to be told then.

Manchester Evening News “End of an era as Shaw Distribution Centre in Oldham shuts down”