XF injector problem

Bking:

norb:

Bking:
If its the MX engine they dont have “electronic” injectors.All fuel flow is controlled through the dump valves on the unit pumps.Would check for a leaking main gallery pressure relief valve,worn cam or worn pump rollers.

The pump solenoid wiring and solenoid resistances are easy to check.
Some unit pump engines have twin ECUs one driving pumps 123 and the other 456.

A 2004 DAF will be an XE (EURO3 non adblue SCR) engine with a UPEC fuel system. On the UPEC system the injectors are not electronic but purely mechanical ,the pressure built up in the pump units is what fires the injectors when the ECU operates the pump unit

A MX engine has the DMCI ( EURO 4 AND 5 with all the adblue SCR kit ) fuel system with electronically controlled injectors …both the DMCI pump units and injectors are coded/trimmed to the ECU

The MX engine wasn’t out in 2004 !!! Not even customer validation vehicles

So what kind of dik builds an injection system with a lead pump(injection pump for numpties) and then sticks on electric dump injectors and rubber sealed cam shaft actuated injectors which “tend” to leak and ■■■■ diesel into the sump oil.Another "engineer "thought of this system no doubt.Better to leave it to the amatuers eh.

LOL so much anger ,possibly bullied at school and work ■■? You probably know something but best you avoid talking about DAF as you know nothing about how to repair them,or how to fix them…And you are giving out incorrect information ,which is not helpful to anyone.Have you ever though about chilling and actually interacting with people in a nice polite adult manner…Most diesel systems when they fail can leak fuel in to the sump…DAF do not tend to leak fuel in to the sump as you say …Then again it may be down to the incompetence of people who when they can’t do a job ,blame the vehicle,If you need help just ask me ,i’m more than willing to help you improve your skillset…I think you will find Engineers design most things ,generally part of their job when they work for a truck manufacturer…or supplier…If you know of an amateur who has thought of the perfect fuel system ,i’d tell him to market it and make his fortune and retire,otherwise I don’t get that comment…As for who builds those fuel systems,DELPHI and BOSCH ,build them,Delphi do DMCI and BOSCH do UPEC…i hope that answers you questions and I wish you a good day

Just a quick thought, you said you checked the exhaust brake but did you check the complete linkage? I’ve had one come adrift on the arm for the flap it self, did very similar to yours, just took the shield off the turbo and that shows it.

Problem solved! Thanks to the advice from norb it turned out to be the small pipe between the turbo and intercooler, replaced the pipe and clamps and the power is as it should be again, it must’ve been losing a little pressure for a while but the driver didn’t notice until the injectors were replaced.Thanks for all your replies and top marks to norb for the advice and for putting bking so gracefully in his place :stuck_out_tongue:

Transc:
Problem solved! Thanks to the advice from norb it turned out to be the small pipe between the turbo and intercooler, replaced the pipe and clamps and the power is as it should be again, it must’ve been losing a little pressure for a while but the driver didn’t notice until the injectors were replaced.Thanks for all your replies and top marks to norb for the advice and for putting bking so gracefully in his place :stuck_out_tongue:

On a roll been able to assist 2 happy people in just over a week :smiley: :smiley: If only the customers where I work where as grateful… :laughing: .Unlike some I tend to give advice on the product I know ,rather than products I think I know :wink: :wink: All trucks have good and bad points,nowdays it’s down to preference ,dealer back up ,etc .

Transc:

so, i was on the right track then with my reply :wink:

so, I was on the right track then with my reply :wink:
[/quote]
Yes you were :wink:

By the way,did you ever get your 480 remapped?

not yet

going back to your problem, was there a whining noise coming from it?

the more power used, the higher pitch the whining?

No noise at all, it looked ok too but norb told me to pour some soapy water over it and it showed up straight away, it must’ve been losing pressure for a while but the driver didn’t notice it.

Decent leak then if it showed up with soapy water. You’ll be picking up half an mpg too now it’s fixed, nice…

Since Burger king likes to let everyone know how crap they are ,and how he has been messing with trailers for 40 years etc …Can he please let us know how his replies on this thread where soooo wrong,he couldn’t even get the fuel system or engine correct … :smiley:
Think maybe he should know what HE is talking about before he criticises others

newmercman:
Yes, I’ve had a few issues with an engine (not a Daf) that were purely bad wiring harnesses, yet it was throwing codes.

I would check wiring/sensors were in good shape before I changed any metal parts, unless it was blatantly obvious there was a problem.

I had a faulty headlight bulb that was causing the air suspension to go up and down on its own on a Volvo FM :laughing: I didn’t believe it either but a new bulb cured the fault. It did take Crossroads Commercials about 4 hours to work it out though.

Wagons, you gotta love 'em.

just to bring BKing back in to this, i know of a Merc that had a bulb cause major electrical glitches and all sorts of warnings on the dash board :open_mouth:

i can honestly say, i have never had that with a DAF :wink: