Wolter KOOPS truck confiscated

Not the drivers fault they only want to make a living and to be fair to koops and others if you can get away with it why not remember us Brits wasn’t all exactly knights of the road in Europe back in the day because it was worth the risk.
About time The government flexed its muscles but I can’t see it as if they managed to stop the eastern invasion it may force rates up and lower profits for big business.

there was a koops pulled just outside the blackwall tunnel southbound today about 1pm maybe he was doing the same

I bet they will be queing up at the docks tonite.I

D S Smith @ Sittingbourne/Iwade near Firmins yard @ least 80% of tipping/loading there is East European wagons any one know why? as a tipper driver I’m not involved in that type of thing, all I know is they are a pain in the a**e as they park where they like in the way mostly!!

Even though we run out of Gibraltar, a British colony, we have to be careful about cabotage rules and if we get stopped by VOSA they usually ask how many UK movements we have made and want to see CMRs, collection notes etc…

kr79:
Not the drivers fault they only want to make a living and to be fair to koops and others if you can get away with it why not remember us Brits wasn’t all exactly knights of the road in Europe back in the day because it was worth the risk.
About time The government flexed its muscles but I can’t see it as if they managed to stop the eastern invasion it may force rates up and lower profits for big business.

That is so true, and the Dutch, French and Germans didn’t get upset that we were running around their ports & railheads taking their work on at half the wages.

Almost every lorry going to Spain had a belly tank for cheap squirt.

This must be a windup, where’s the proof??

Here’s a question, Container comes in from China, get unloaded into a 'Ski registered truck and buggers off to Euroland, is this a VAT fiddle or what?

Yorksays, the Chinese container arriving here and shipped to Europe becomes part of our miniscule export market,no different than the thousands of tonnes of
bananas which arrive here and get shipped to Europe.As for proof,not needed I was one of them.Brits in Europe were every bit as bad as people perceive the
East Europeans to be today.

Yorkysays:-:

Here’s a question, Container comes in from China, get unloaded into a 'Ski registered truck and buggers off to Euroland, is this a VAT fiddle or what?

Containers are dirt cheap, it then gets unloaded into a "ski truck which will probably take it anywhere in Europe for peanuts as its a very rare export from UK and a backload for them. Say for example the load is for Frankfurt, the haulage from Felixstowe to frankfurt will probably (but I may be wrong, this is hypothetical) be a lot cheaper than from say Bremerhaven or Europoort. No doubt, there will be some tax reasons as well.

globby 480:
Koops… Drivers made to run till told to stop by Koops., and Koops pay there fine drivers hours etc,etc, you should see the tanker they bring across at weekends to fill the trucks up at the koops truck park at immingham,

I’m just wondering how this tanker thing works.Surely,UK duty has to be paid on a ‘tanker’ load of imported fuel,so how does Walter Koops gain by doing this? If he/they gain,why aren’t the big players in the UK doing the same?

I suspect this whole “tanker” story may be a bit of an RDC waiting room tall tale :wink:

I’ve heard similar rumours from when Willi betz used to colonise Thurrock services although never saw it my self or know any sensible chaps who had seen it for themselves to confirm it.
I’d guess you would need to have a few influentual people squared up to bring a tanker of squirt across without questions been asked.

kr79:
I’ve heard similar rumours from when Willi betz used to colonise Thurrock services although never saw it my self or know any sensible chaps who had seen it for themselves to confirm it.
I’d guess you would need to have a few influentual people squared up to bring a tanker of squirt across without questions been asked.

Unless of course it is a tanker within a curtainsider or a fridge :bulb:

I’m sure that was the rumour with the betz one. It was in a tilt.

It doesn’t need to be a tanker. Just park up around Milton Keynes (Kingston area) and watch them swapping fuel from the 2x 2000ltr tanks of one (homeward bound) truck to another that’s presumably here for a few more days rate cutting. :imp:

the maoster:
It doesn’t need to be a tanker. Just park up around Milton Keynes (Kingston area) and watch them swapping fuel from the 2x 2000ltr tanks of one (homeward bound) truck to another that’s presumably here for a few more days rate cutting. :imp:

1500 litres on a decent 4x2

Been there done it, with the diesel transfer business, been going on for ages.
Some time ago I worked for a tiny British firm near Maidstone, we used to fill up our tanks in Belgium on our way home and as soon as we got to the yard, the tanks were emptied into big plastic reservoirs, leaving enough for our next outward journey.
The fuel ■■?
Pumped into the tanks of the motors doing UK work.
Totally illegal, but hey, if it keeps a small haulier from going bust, what the heck.

pierrot 14:
Some time ago I worked for a tiny British firm near Maidstone, we used to fill up our tanks in Belgium on our way home and as soon as we got to the yard, the tanks were emptied into big plastic reservoirs, leaving enough for our next outward journey.
The fuel ■■?
Totally illegal, but hey, if it keeps a small haulier from going bust, what the heck.

Been there,done that,got the t shirt

neil46:

pierrot 14:
The fuel ■■?

Been there,done that,got the t shirt

Same here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yorkysays:-:

Funny you should mention that. Within the last couple of days, for the first time, a train pulling 42 containers left China enroute to Europe.
Apparently its taken a bit of organising to get the paperwork issues sorted so various bits didn’t have to be rewritten at every border.

(more info available if you’d like it).