Who to work for in west yorkshire

Thanks Chaps, for you rhelp, i got the Job at Peckover so I will report back in a few weeks.

Cheers

Aup Yorkshire bounder here are a few name’s of good lads who work there you will help you out and put you right once you’ve started. Simon he’s the driving assessor Dave Newall longest serving driver & Gary Barraclough. Good look

Look out for ‘nick easy life’ too hope it goes well for ya

Looking for 2 class one drivers in Bradford local work plenty of hours every other saturday morning £9.75 p/h anyone interested pm me

Who would I be working for?

I’d recommend Reed Boardall at boroughbridge to get your experience. From what I’ve been told the basic rate is at £10.50p/h. Guaranteed to get your hours in, good experience, easy work, and you get to pick which shifts you work whether its monday to friday, 4 on 4 off, 5 on 3 off etc. Not the best planned I will admit! But certainly the best way imo to earn some decent £££ and get your experience.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Do Reeds look for cat C ? Or just CE? Bit of a trek but might be worth it if money better and I can get OT to suit

Just CE mate, always said the only way I’d go back there is as a driver and at the money the drivers are earning isn’t half tempting! Cat C for experience i’d say Mcdowells are okay if you go with them via agency and get regular work through them IE your face fits, you get on with the job and earn a decent wage for easy work. I wouldn’t recommend it full time though, as I did better part of 9 months as an employed steering wheel attendant through them, you lose about £100-200 a week that way for the same hours. Good way to get experience but like most firms a good stepping stone.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Poundworld love taking on new drivers and are always desperate. They have a good fleet and pay is okay but drivers leave because the planners are always planning 10 hour driving days. I get one or two runs for them through agency and hate it but £16 an hour on a Sunday tempts me too much :smiley:

Morans doing milk for Arla will probably give you a chance as they are so desperate at the moment. I lasted a day as I did not want multi drop and they lied to me lol hard work and long hours, pay good, gets you fit, tight places to deliver to …

expectdistribution are big and expanding good fleet, long hours and good pay I did not want to work 15 hours every day though

Malcolms same as above…

Hermes will probably give you a chance they will be recruiting soon for the xmas parcels where their work rate increases by 40% but they will lay you off in December a week before xmas

Don’t waste time with Maritime I am going to try them at some stage but they will not take on anyone with less than two years experience.

Ive been with Peckover for nearly a month now and all is fine. Good fleet, all new kit, trailers etc. Hours are good, and you can earn plenty.
You certainly get about and theres overnites if you need em.

Will keep you posted if it goes wrong, but so far, so good.

Good luck lad, if you are happy and have a good relationship with the firm it doesn’t matter what others say. Glad you got what you wanted. :wink:

Reed Boardall make you pay for the first £1000 of damage. Acidents happen.

Hi Guys, thanks for the advice and help. Just htought id let you know that Peckover are increasing rates in July to £9.50 per hour. They seem ok and i havnt found the catch yet!
Everyones different though. all the best

try a few agencies, you will get a better feel for it, you will end up with asda or something 50 mph all day or night :angry: :angry: :angry: you could even end up with a green uniform :laughing: :laughing: