Where’s the dearest place you’ve ever parked?

Harry Monk:
I paid £20 with no meal voucher at Birchanger Green last week.

Having said that, I can’t help feeling that if there was any great profit in running a truck park, they would be popping up all over the place.

that is a very valid point.

clackett lane 28 quid

kjw21:
~Best place I park is Sourton just of the A30 - Cafe, toilets, 24 Shell garage 200 yards away, nice enough setting and its totally free to park.

Another top notch freebie in this area is the picnic area at Cartgate Roundabout. Its off the roundabout of the A303 and A3088 near Yeovil.

Good cafe, bogs aren’t bad but you need to be in earlyish cos it fills up pretty quick.

Staying on topic though, the most expensive and probably worst place I have ever stopped was a while ago at Leicester Forest East. Cant remember what I paid, somewher around £18 i think, but I do recall thinking that for the condition of the place, they should have been paying me, :laughing:

on me driveway at home…bought an extra acre for operating centre in 1978,when you got what you worked for…(slight deviation,sorry!)

andy bilton:
on me driveway at home…bought an extra acre for operating centre in 1978,when you got what you worked for…(slight deviation,sorry!)

:laughing: nice one. It usually costs me more at home too. She isn’t called “Dearest” for nothing. :laughing:

Aberdeen truckstop is £40 :open_mouth: per night with no facilities whatsoever.

I was there the other month with 10 minutes driving left.

Decided to park on the industrial estate (despite the numerous gipsy caravans) on principal.

Robbin’ gets.

Paid £17 with £10 meal voucher at Rownhams on M27, quite surprisingly the food was rather good and it was cooked fresh, not left under hotplate for lord only knows how long. Would go there again if I had an early delivery nearby.

Had to stop at rugby for tonite and just paid £18.50 with a £5 meal voucher

16 bloody quid at Wetherby MSA. No meal voucher (not that there was anywhere to redeem it!), no bloody shower, no bloody facilities! And yes, I did wee wee on the car park in the early hours of the morning! :smiling_imp:

Never again, I hate MSA’s with a passion.

Now The Stockyard truckstop is much better value…£9 to park and tons of room, nice meal, hot showers, and a bar…oh yes, I like the bar! :wink:

wont go near clackett lane anymore, what a ■■■■ hole, sky high prices, i had use of the shower after some smelly foreign driver had used it and messed it up then had midge bites all over my legs after leaving the roof open over night.

on a better note, best MSA i have used was Fleet on the M3, very decent shower, plenty of place to park, no motorway noise due to trees surrounding the site, albeit £22 iirc but well worth it.

hiabman:

sorry i dont belive it was £40.00 no way.

in fact im going to try and phone them. :imp:

Harry Monk:
I paid £20 with no meal voucher at Birchanger Green last week.

Having said that, I can’t help feeling that if there was any great profit in running a truck park, they would be popping up all over the place.

No Harry, planning permission is a big hurdle. Nobody wants dirty, smelly, noisy trucks in their back yard.

Locally on the trunk road between the M55 and the port of Fleetwood they wouldn’t even think about planning permission (suggested a garden centre as alternative use :unamused: ) and next to the M6 at Preston, a good spot i thought, the land owner refused to sell the land to be used for that purpose even though it was designated for industrial development!

hiabman:

I was there the other month with 10 minutes driving left.

Decided to park on the industrial estate (despite the numerous gipsy caravans) on principal.

Robbin’ gets.

Aberdeen truckstop in Altens closed in July last year.

Shrek:
Now The Stockyard truckstop is much better value…£9 to park and tons of room, nice meal, hot showers, and a bar…oh yes, I like the bar! :wink:

Off the M180?
Never stopped there but first impressions from driving past that it looks well kept.

Los lagos, Algeciras!!

couple hundred quid! :wink:

B1 GGK:

Shrek:

Off the M180?
Never stopped there but first impressions from driving past that it looks well kept.

Not M180 but M18

Hotel Aero for 9 nights and blued me running money :smiley:

DABenji:
on a better note, best MSA i have used was Fleet on the M3, very decent shower, plenty of place to park, no motorway noise due to trees surrounding the site, albeit £22 iirc but well worth it.

Fleet is ok if you don`t mind getting your curtains slashed and your diesel nicked on a regular basis as a few of my colleages have found out the hard way!!!

gnasty gnome:

dogthehunter:
lymm is def much better tho

Better than Knutsford, yes, but that’s hardly a recommendation is it?

I’ve suffered Lymm twice this summer; the food may be cheaper than the MSA’s but it’s also rubbish; tasteless junk which would cause a riot if it were served in a prison.

Glad I don’t drive artics, at least with a rigid I’ve got more choice of parking places.

The last time I parked at Lymm, I was next to where there was trailer changes all night, not good. Never been back since.

Darby Flyer:
bogs aren’t bad but you need to be in earlyish cos it fills up pretty quick.

Is the flush not working then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: