When you are having a bad week

Take it easy Neil :sunglasses: don’t let it get to you, pay the man, the next book will cover it :wink:

gbtransp:
Coffee

How long were you doing 104kmh?

About a minute or so, I ran out of hill so it slowed down again, which fits with the fine scale you give.

after reading your book neil it doesnt sound like the relaxed steady driver you are mate id say chill out and when ya feel the blood boiling stop and av a COFFEE :laughing: :wink:

Agree with what Carl says :wink:

Hope you get everything sorted especially the thing thats bothering you.
Would go with option 3 aswell :wink:

Cheers

Carl:
chill out and when ya feel the blood boiling stop and av a COFFEE :laughing: :wink:

I’ve had so much coffee this week I can’t blink. One of girls who works in the services here has given me a few packets of sweeets that they got as samples. The are a cross between Red Bull and coffee in candy form, two sweets = 1 espresso, according to the packet, and they are going down a treat.

well my snapped cam shaft seems trivial now hope your week gets better , i got points and a fine as well my boss said i pay the fine and wont tell them who the driver was shame the companey whent bust but still no points later all :sunglasses:

Can you not set the retarder on them fancy volvos to brake automaticaly at a set overspeed? No temptation then.

Silver_Surfer:
Can you not set the retarder on them fancy volvos to brake automaticaly at a set overspeed? No temptation then.

You can, as long as you are in the mood to take this sensible action. :wink:

Coffeeholic:
…it just keeps getting worse. I have been in a foul mood since Saturday, with a general “I don’t give a [zb]” attitude, well today it has cost me.

After delivering in Thurnau this morning, I was heading along the A70 near Schweinfurt when I came across the signs indicating a truck control ahead. I slowed down to the posted 40km/ph and just knew I was going to get pulled, which I did. I had seen the control when I passed the other way earlier, and could have taken a different route on the way back but not doing so is just all part of my general attitude at the moment.

It was both a BAG and a Police control and I was directed into a parking space by a Police Officer, who then approached the cab and started to check through all the papers. Driving Licence, Passport, Community Authorisation, CMR’s Vehicle Registration Document and Tacho Discs, back to the last disc before my weekly rest. He also asked me to open the trailer so he could check the load was secure, it was. He asked me to wait while he went off to his van to check all my documents.

Ten minutes later he was back, telling me there was a problem and to come to the van. I had been expecting this and knew what the problem was. He showed me today’s disc and pointed out that at one point today I had been doing approximately 104 km/ph, which was what I was expecting him to say. At this point, I lost the plot a little and came this ¦ ¦ close to being arrested.

The result was that he relieved me of €60 and confiscated the disc, giving me a receipt in the process. There are several things that could happen now, after the disc is checked back at his HQ.

1. I could have the €60 returned if they decide I was fined in error. No Chance.

2. I will receive a letter telling me the €60 was the correct amount for the offence and that is the end of the matter. Little or no chance of that.

3. I will receive a letter with an additional fine and also points on my record in Germany, receive enough points and I will be banned from driving in Germany for a while. This will be the outcome for sure, the points and extra fine that is not necessarily the ban, and the guy as good as told me it would be this option.

When the extra fine comes through I have three options.

1. Don’t pay it and never return to Germany. The fine will remain outstanding and I would just ignore any further communications from them

2. Don’t pay it and keep going to Germany, until I get stopped in a control and a check reveals the outstanding fine, at which point things could get messy, not to say expensive.

3. Pay the extra and carry on as normal.

I haven’t decided which option I will take yet but so far it has been a crap week, it’s only Tuesday and I don’t see it getting better any time soon.

My name is Neil and I am an angerholic, thanks for listening.

usually you will get a Mail from Officer,and you may write back that you are sorry for that,and you do all Time legal(so good as)but in that Case was the Road that bad that a Map fell down under your Feet so badly that you couldn’t tough to stop to do the Map back,and you were a moment with your mind away from Speed which rised as it went Hilldown.
I am wrong or was it nearly that Way long?

gbtransp:
Coffee

How long were you doing 104kmh?

Up to 20 sec costs 30 Euro

20 to 90 secs costs 60 euro

Over 90 secs I dont know

Done the 20 to 90 bit myself and paid 60 Euro but no points

In Germany with 18 points you lose your driving Licence

The Points stay 2 years

If you get more points in that time they stay 5 years

At 12 points you get a warning and the option to visit a Driving school for about 6 hours ,costs about 300 Euro and they then deduct 4 points

104kmh - 6kmh “tacho error” = 98kmh = 18kmh to fast , 21kmh to fast and they start getting nasty , i dont really think you are going to hear from them again

Geoff

:question: did Liverpool stuttgard that speed and paid nothing
First he asked for 300.-,but as he sah the Tachos of 3 month said he just if we could do a deal.
I could go for free if i garanty him to drive never faster then 90km/h that Motorway.
Yep,so he never found that speed on Tachos i run his Motorway.

When you got stopped, did you ask the Polizei man, “Do you know who I am?” :stuck_out_tongue:

I seem to remember a similar situation, I took the wise decision to ignore the fact I had been fined. Unfortunataly they didnt and I got a registered letter from the BAG in MANCHESTER :open_mouth:

I ignored that too and after a while it went away :wink: Although a renewed passport and a change of address might have thrown them off the trail for a while :smiley:

That was quite a few years ago, and I have since been issued with a German Social Security card

Wheel Nut:
When you got stopped, did you ask the Polizei man, “Do you know who I am?” :stuck_out_tongue:

I seem to remember a similar situation, I took the wise decision to ignore the fact I had been fined. Unfortunataly they didnt and I got a registered letter from the BAG in MANCHESTER :open_mouth:

I ignored that too and after a while it went away :wink: Although a renewed passport and a change of address might have thrown them off the trail for a while :smiley:

That was quite a few years ago, and I have since been issued with a German Social Security card

just change your Birthday from 1976 to 1967 :bulb:

Coffeeholic:
104 km/ph,

Blimey, I wish my Twingo could do that :wink: :wink:

Kate:

Coffeeholic:
104 km/ph,

Got done for 110 on Wednesday. :imp:

Coffeeholic:

Kate:

Coffeeholic:
104 km/ph,

Got done for 110 on Wednesday. :imp:

:open_mouth:

Two in one week ? :open_mouth:

W T F is up with you man :confused: :question: .

Three, I didn’t mention the one for overtaking when I shouldn’t have been, also on Wednesday. :imp: :imp: :imp: