Whats your opinion?

Plenty of companies in Immingham. I’d be suprised if you cant get a job within your first day of cold calling. Dont forget though, it is North Lincolnshire and the wages will be nothing like what many on here brag about getting, or that they wouldn’t get out of bed for etc. The majority of work is ferry trailers and containers and as such the pay is poor to average. If I returned to England tomorrow, I have a job waiting for me, its a good enjoyable job on ferry trailers but the pay is no more than £450 in the bank for 5 days and 4 nights out and thats if you’re lucky. That standard for the area, some companies pay more for similar work, but many pay less.

Thanks for all the feedback folks, including the negatives :smiley:

As it happens, i have had a good day cabbying around the area, I hit a couple of places in Gainsborough and was quite pleased with the reaction i got, as it was not an instant fob off :slight_smile:

From there, i drove over to Immingham and went round about 5 or 6 places, again, the response was good, and I was especially pleased with the reaction from one operations manager who seemed very keen to get me on board, so fingers crossed and see what happens :slight_smile:
As I said at the begining of the post, i have tabs on Stobarts (and yes I know people on here don’t like them, but that’s up to them, but a job is a job is a job),
and Maritime.

I know pay is not brilliant but if I can clear 1300-1500 after tax ( I know that might seem incredeulous ) I would be well happy :slight_smile:

So hopefully, get out round Scunthorpe tomorrow and see who else is about :slight_smile:

Grundril:
Thanks for all the feedback folks, including the negatives :smiley:

As it happens, i have had a good day cabbying around the area, I hit a couple of places in Gainsborough and was quite pleased with the reaction i got, as it was not an instant fob off :slight_smile:

From there, i drove over to Immingham and went round about 5 or 6 places, again, the response was good, and I was especially pleased with the reaction from one operations manager who seemed very keen to get me on board, so fingers crossed and see what happens :slight_smile:
As I said at the begining of the post, i have tabs on Stobarts (and yes I know people on here don’t like them, but that’s up to them, but a job is a job is a job),
and Maritime.

I know pay is not brilliant but if I can clear 1300-1500 after tax ( I know that might seem incredeulous ) I would be well happy :slight_smile:

So hopefully, get out round Scunthorpe tomorrow and see who else is about :slight_smile:

nisa at scunny was a good number if you didn’t mind hard graft, something like 25 - 27k for 3.5 day weeks, it’s changed from bibby to dhl as far as i know a few years back so don’t know what it’s like now

franklin:

mac12:
That**'s very true,(space)** they have always been told when and how to do everything and seem to find it very hard when left on their own.

Do you require a soldier to demonstrate a punctuated sentence to you?

Considering a vast majority of the haulage industry is made up of ex-forces, did every one of these drivers need special coaching when starting out as a civilian because they couldn’t tie their own shoelaces together? Or have you met maybe one young tom who did his four years colour service, left and was quite frankly a ‘tard’ but you have based all your opinions of soldiers on this?

I am a truck driver not an english teacher. If that’s all you can pass comment on i think i was right.