What's involved in operating tippers and cement mixers?

Nothing to do with tippers or mixers, but I once took an artic to a nursery (flower and plant type) to load up. Narrow access, but a big field in the distance to turn around. Ground dry and firm.

Tight squeeze between a skip and an old water tank. No problem. :slight_smile:

Entering the field I start to notice big holes that are some part of the drainage system. Not wanting to put a wheel into the nearest one, I ‘turned’ earlier than I would have liked.

The ‘old water tank’ ripped off the height control valve on the trailer. Ah well. Back to the yard, five minutes away, and get another trailer. :unamused:

This time. I reversed in. :blush: Not an easy task with a building on the ‘blind’ side.

Now bear in mind that this was a company that did ‘fridge work’. I was picking up rolling dolly’s of bedding plants. No-one had said to ensure that I had a load bar or straps. Fortunately, I had with me a load strap that I had ‘acquired’ from elsewhere.

2+ hours later, arriving at the destination, which was totally different to the delivery instructions, which I’d established by talking to other drivers, the aroma from the Pansys (the floral type :laughing: ) was overpowering.

It is sad reflection on the state of the Industry that companies are so set upon ‘chasing’ a profit that they are willing to send an inadequately equipped vehicle to an unsuitable site just to ‘make a few quid’.

In this instance. I doubt if they did. :wink:

Krankee:
they are willing to send an inadequately equipped vehicle to an unsuitable site just to ‘make a few quid’.

In this instance. I doubt if they did. :wink:

Or driver ■■? :unamused: :smiley: