What hours do you work?

I’m part time and work between two to five days per week…anything from 20 through to 65 hours.

Monday 10 - 15 hours depending on extras
Tuesday 5 hours
Wednesday 8 hours if I miss rush hour traffic
Thursday 10-15 hours depending on extras
Friday 6 hours

That’s all duty time including breaks and other work.

almost impossible to answer the OP’s qustion for me !! Never a dull moment :laughing: :sunglasses:

8-10 hours a day, usually starting some time between 0600 and 0700. Mon-Fri only, no nights out, no weekend working, don’t do bank holidays either.

On this tesco shop stuff it can vary between 15 hrs and 5 hrs,I’ve done 80 hrs in a week or 30 hrs in a week,it’s all over the shop ( pardon the pun) dependent on how many runs you do,1,2,3, what time you can go to first shop,I’ve had 1am starts and due to curfews I’ve not been able to start the first shop of a multi drop until 8 a.m ( 2/3 /4hrs in a layby) .
You just never no what hours you’ll do ,day to day,week to week.

Mon to fri 6.30 am till 10.00 am sometimes get held up and puts another 30 mins on my day and I live 2 mins from the yard :smiley:

On my 5 day week I average around 65hrs a week
On my 6 day week I average around 77hrs a week
Home every night,start anywhere between 0100 and 0400
Paid by the hour,hence all the hours :laughing:

washy jnr:

How do you find the 01.00 starts

thetastytrucker:

washy jnr:

Not too bad,Monday’s are the worse as I have my kids on a Sunday and if I’m on an early on Monday then I have to take them back to their Mum’s early…but in the week I don’t mind them…got a lay in tomorrow as I’m not in until 0315 :unamused:

washy jnr:

thetastytrucker:

washy jnr:

Not too bad,Monday’s are the worse as I have my kids on a Sunday and if I’m on an early on Monday then I have to take them back to their Mum’s early…but in the week I don’t mind them…got a lay in tomorrow as I’m not in until 0315 :unamused:

Yes I hate the first one …and something always goes wrong

About half of them… :wink:

dozy:
On this tesco shop stuff it can vary between 15 hrs and 5 hrs,I’ve done 80 hrs in a week or 30 hrs in a week,it’s all over the shop ( pardon the pun) dependent on how many runs you do,1,2,3, what time you can go to first shop,I’ve had 1am starts and due to curfews I’ve not been able to start the first shop of a multi drop until 8 a.m ( 2/3 /4hrs in a layby) .
You just never no what hours you’ll do ,day to day,week to week.

It must be run different where you are? I’m with ESL though. I always have a rough idea of when I’ll start/finish plus can always have a word with the planner and see if they can sort you out with something. It’s no 9-5 job but that’s lorry driving for you. If I want to work a long shift I’ll let them know and they can swap and change things around, if I need to finish earlier they’ll try and keep it local. Works for me anyways.

I do Sunday - Thursday nights with a base time of 1900 (give or take 2 hours). Average about 50/55 hours a week. Most driving I’ve done in a shift was about 7.5 hours.

Done 58 last week. Haven’t managed to get in this week been stood down on full pay as usual as no other drivers are maxing 60 hrs so no spare trucks. Just been told I’m back Monday as their will be a truck not bad 27000 a year soon to be 30000

4 on 4 Off Nights. 12 hour shifts with hour break. Plenty overtime if i want it.
Great shift pattern, busy as ■■■■ for 4 days then 4 to chill out.
Lovin it. :smiley: