Wally-Stop,Eynatten

Suedehead:

newmercman:
I haven’t been in there since before the fire (a long time before, I didn’t pull out 5 mins before like a lot of drivers :unamused: )

I think the bloke that got the medal was on RH out of Nottingham, I’m sure there’s been a post on here before about it.

Don’t remember too much about it, it was 20 odd yrs ago that I used it, can’t have been bad though as I went in a few times, I think I’ve got a sticker or sunstrip from there lurking around somewhere.

There were 2 British drivers awarded medals for helping get people out after the explosion.
Think you could be right that one of them was on for RH frieght, the other was John Piff who was driving for Breda Tpt at the time.

Suedehead you may know this one living where you do, I seem to remember being told that one of Reg Trotmans drivers got a medal for something like that, could have been the same place, his name was John. I saw him years ago he was on for Mick Lindsey or Coopers, one of them anyway.

altitude:

Suedehead:

newmercman:
I haven’t been in there since before the fire (a long time before, I didn’t pull out 5 mins before like a lot of drivers :unamused: )

I think the bloke that got the medal was on RH out of Nottingham, I’m sure there’s been a post on here before about it.

Don’t remember too much about it, it was 20 odd yrs ago that I used it, can’t have been bad though as I went in a few times, I think I’ve got a sticker or sunstrip from there lurking around somewhere.

There were 2 British drivers awarded medals for helping get people out after the explosion.
Think you could be right that one of them was on for RH frieght, the other was John Piff who was driving for Breda Tpt at the time.

Suedehead you may know this one living where you do, I seem to remember being told that one of Reg Trotmans drivers got a medal for something like that, could have been the same place, his name was John. I saw him years ago he was on for Mick Lindsey or Coopers, one of them anyway.

I first got to know John when he was driving for Rex Trotman which would have been early 80s.
When Rex called it a day, i think John done a short stint for Syms of Calne and then went onto Breda Tpt . whom he was driving for at the time of the Wallystop explosion.
Last time i met John was about 6 years ago in the Gent truckstop at Zeehaven and he was driving a tanker for H+S.
Dont know if he ever drove for Coopers/Mick Lindsay/Glevum.But i thing he done a bit on MFP :unamused:
Last i heard he is still driving,albeit limos.

Suedehead:

altitude:

Suedehead:

newmercman:

I first got to know John when he was driving for Rex Trotman which would have been early 80s.
When Rex called it a day, i think John done a short stint for Syms of Calne and then went onto Breda Tpt . whom he was driving for at the time of the Wallystop explosion.
Last time i met John was about 6 years ago in the Gent truckstop at Zeehaven and he was driving a tanker for H+S.
Dont know if he ever drove for Coopers/Mick Lindsay/Glevum.But i thing he done a bit on MFP :unamused:
Last i heard he is still driving,albeit limos.

Cheers for that Suedehead, sounds like ths same bloke I’m thinking of.