Walkround checks

theshed:
It’s never an issue until your employer makes it one then if you have signed you have agreed you have committed an infringment

AFAIK signing to acknowledge notice of the infringements is not agreeing to anything, its merely just that acknowledgement of being notified. Whether there is or is not an infringement will usually be a matter of fact on the driver card and/or the employers download where the information has come from, doesn’t matter if you agree with it or not .

It’d be a good idea if someone could post a walk round inspection sheet. Mine only takes me between 5 & 7 minutes max, unless I find a problem that is. I drive the same vehicle & check it at both ends of the day as well as looking at the thing every time I walk to or away from it.

However, I was talking to a mate last night who told me about his walk round sheet & it must take all of 15 minutes if not more. Their lories run 24/7 & he gets a different unit every shift so I guess a more stringent check is required but blimey it’s a good check.

BB

So what does your check sheet have ■■? If your sheet had
Lights
Tax /ops licence
And wheels

Is that all you would check ■■?

As your approaching your truck your already checking it even before you’ve opened the door that’s another reason that manual entries are important

Ladder at rear of trailer
Fuel caps
Ad blue cap
Oil level
Coolant level
Spray suppression / mud flaps
Any damage
Wipers / washers
Horn
Battery cover
Height indicator
Trailer brake
Fuel levels
Spare air leads (we carry them just in case )

bald bloke:
Fuel caps
Ad blue cap
Oil level
Coolant level
Any damage
Wipers / washers
Horn
Battery cover
Height indicator
Trailer brake
Fuel levels

You don’t bother checking the lights or washers wipers diesel tank brakes or anything like that then

Tipper Tom:

bald bloke:
Fuel caps
Ad blue cap
Oil level
Coolant level
Any damage
Wipers / washers
Horn
Battery cover
Height indicator
Trailer brake
Fuel levels

You don’t bother checking the lights or washers wipers diesel tank brakes or anything like that then

Don’t be pedantic of course i do i was just adding to Nick’s list. :unamused:

Mike-C:

theshed:
Well as the motorway speed limit is 60 and the limiters are set at various limits what is the exact infringment the overrun is surely a warning that the limiter maybe faulty

Did you defect it?
Its my understanding that speeding will get you three points and a fine. Over running the limiter gets you an infringement.

If the vehicle isn’t capable of exceeding the engine powered limited speed, there isn’t an infringement, if the limiter is working there is no fault to report.
Gravity power isn’t covered by the regs, so would be perfectly legal to use to run at the limit for the road.