waaaaahaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mezzzz,
Time for you to have fun, Ha, Ha,.

All you need to remember - there are are only two speeds on a tipper -

1/ Full bore and no looking back!

and
2/ Hard on the Brakes!

(oh and forget about the speed limits, tippers are excempt)

Also check your wheels for cuts, punctures and bricks every time you leave the tip, and check your wheelnuts a few times a day - the will come loose.

Kit kat

i nearly forgot please ensure that there are no stones in between yer tyre’s as i found out to the cost of a new windscreen last week thanks to a malcolm’s tipper.

Serves you right for making a detailed rear inspection of a yellow canary! LOL, You should know better than to get close to those kamakazies. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Serves you right for making a detailed rear inspection of a yellow canary! LOL, You should know better than to get close to those kamakazies.

if only i could have got close to him,if only :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well done m8 :smiley: just one thing to add,and it may sound obviouse but you would be surprised how many “experienced” tipper drivers take the risk!!

NEVER GO UNDER A RAISED UN-PROPPED BODY.

take care :wink:

something else for you mezz. if you get on a paving job you had better coat the the inside of the bucket prior to be being loaded with some sort release agent to keep the asphalt from sticking to your vehicle. do this every time before you are loaded or you’ll have lots of fun scraping out the bucket. if there is no release agent available at the quarry, then take a few gallons of diesel from your tanks and splash that around. a good coating of diesel can also help with dirt sticking to the inside of the bucket.

:smiley: cheers chaps starting monday now due to unforseen circumstances but ill give you a run down on the day when i get back :smiley:

I used to do class 1 tipper work, but it was on grain so pretty clean work, albeit a bit dusty.

The thing to watch is getting your weight right and evenly spread, my trailer had an onboard weigher so it was pretty straightforward to load 28 tonne (I had a 4x2 unit). To get accurate weighing, its important to raise the trailer about a foot. The first time I ever loaded - I didn’t (but thats another story!) :blush:

Also, you have to move every 10 minutes or so to spread the load, otherwise it’ll pile up and spill over the side (from experience!).

Another tip, when you park up in the rain - raise the trailer a bit so the water drains off. If you dont you’ll get water on the grain when you unroll the sheet, your load will then be refused at the destination (usually docks or brewerys in my case).

The job was well paid and home every Friday night - no weekends

I know this posting is about quarry work, but thought this might be useful anyway.

Ollie.

I’ve not done any tipping, so it’s all interesting reading.

if there is no release agent available at the quarry, then take a few gallons of diesel from your tanks and splash that around. a good coating of diesel can also help with dirt sticking to the inside of the bucket.

If you do this these days at the quarry then you will not be back in. Diesel reacts with the tar and could cause the load to be refused at the site if they see any. Plus a couple of gallons is over kill, just a fine mist is enough before loading. They actually have a special sand that you sand your box with these days. if there is none there then the load doesn’t go - simple. Of course you can use the diesel to clean the tailgate etc after tipping to keep everything nice.

Another thing to remember when tipping into pavers is that once you are against the machine you then let the paver push you along - saves any embarrasing moments.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: well as promised a quick run down on me first day on the tippers
totally uneventful 5tips all muck shifting only from barnsley to pontefract so no new land speed records today :wink:
the gears on the wagon(renault 370 54 plate) took some getting used to
but soon got to gripswith it and as soon as i did they put me in another wagon
lol
this was at reg renault 340 and the gearbox was a little more worn in so it wasnt as hard to get into gear
but all in all a very enjoyable day really enyjoyed pootleing around the back roads for a change ,and quite enjoyed playing with the pto (bigger the kid bigger the toy :laughing: )
might stick this for a while seems like fun :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

nice to see you are enjoying it mezz

Sounds great mezzzz1211 :smiley: .

Nothing like a Kerax gearbox to stir first thing in morning.

Sounds like a nice easy shift.
Wait till your up to your knees in muck and watching the load flow out the back door on the quality subsoil jobs…slurry to you and me! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have fun, you may as well, your being paid for it! :laughing:

hope things work out for you mezz.