Tunisia

Mr 141:
I have to ask who you work for?

myself - if i said any more i’d have to kill ya :wink: graham and simon do know me though

HI JJ, WHAT LOADS DO YOU DO TO THEM PLACES ,
CHEERS MARK

makem missile:
CHEERS MARK

out of the above, variously helicopter sections, aero engines, lead kettles, military gear, machine tools, a camel training machine, and a replica boat for an 'ollywood filum

got 2 uk subbies loaded for albania at the moment but I didn’t want to mention it as that country is taboo on this forum - don’t want to be dodging teddies on a bank holiday weekend :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HAPPY DAYS THEY

jj72:

makem missile:
CHEERS MARK

out of the above, variously helicopter sections, aero engines, lead kettles, military gear, machine tools, a camel training machine, and a replica boat for an 'ollywood filum

got 2 uk subbies loaded for albania at the moment but I didn’t want to mention it as that country is taboo on this forum - don’t want to be dodging teddies on a bank holiday weekend :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Andy, back in the early eighties I did two loads of machinery down to Skopia in southern Yugoslavia. The customs yard was where you cleared with a company called Jugsped who used to have a large fleet of double drive Volvo F88’s or F89’s, just what you needed on those roads in the winter. I was parked up in the yard along with a driver from Belgium and about half a dozen wagon and drag’s from Albania were parked away from us. Each Albania truck appeared to have two drivers and the Belgian driver told me that one of them would of been an Albanian Political Party member who would of been making sure that the driver was not going to defect.
The load that I was carrying went into Jugsped’s warehouse but the Belgian guy’s load of textile’s was transhipped straight onto an Albanian truck. The Belgian also told me that he had only ever met one Western driver who had been into Albania and he was delivering a load of cigarettes from the docks in Antwerp.
I am sure that Gavin McArdle won’t mind me deviating off his Tunisian thread a tadette :wink: .
Best regards Steve.

P.S. What ever happened to King Zog :confused: .

I did swingin’ beef to Algeria in a RHD . Shipped out Marsielles .
Breda et all used to ship out also Marsielles to Tunisia . The boat only took about 6 drivers ,the rest were flown out to Tunis & put up at a 4star hotel paid by the firm until the truck arrived .Snaps of 'em sipping cocktails in the pool .Sleeping in the truck was verbot so it was hotel every night until the flight back . The actual work only entailed Holland -Marsielles & back & then 4 days off at home on full pay .The good old days will never come back.

Hi guys. I posted on here before but have since talked to an english driver who lives in spain and works for a dutch firm and up to 2 weeks ago did tunisia! (not a bull****er as we were on the boat together i saw his truck and have looked on the website) It seems a lot of the north africa stuff still goes over with the dutch with dutch or uk drivers but he did say one of the big freight forwarders has just built a terminal so “tick tock” on the groupage work as containers it will be. Glad we still do the oil work and i guess those guys should be safe with it being so special. also that same company has two trucks in tunisia impounded because one had drugs and also two fridges sat in italy with “hatching eggs” that buy now will be mush as one got shipped to wrong destination so they sent it back.and the other didnt go because it was by then late. Now thats how to make money! NOT

jj72:
in the last 2 months we’ve had motors in portugal, cyprus, tenerife, norway and finland - got coming up sardinia, turkey, maybe malta and a definite 3 loads for cernobyl power station :open_mouth: monday just gone we loaded 3 loads to go by road to nizhny pyandzh which is the tajik/afghan border but not with UK drivers, simply not viable, or particularly safe :frowning:

JJ, have your guys been anywhere interesting lately??..or anywhere good coming up?

how interesting do you want bullitt - see above :wink: picked up some more work for ukraine for july, but mainly run of the mill, germany to spain etc, if you count 16 foot wide and 56 tonne lumps as run of the mill :grimacing: