"Trucking" magazine

I remember pre 2008 when banks where throwing money at people especially if they had a house with a bit of equity and nearly every month there was a just started out owner driver who decided a new v8 Scania or fh16 Volvo was the best start up vehicle to pull boxes out of Felixstowe as a subbe. Add in a flash paint job loads of lights alloy wheels a super badge on the grille and some Bedford tk style indicators hanging off the bottom of the mirrors.
Loot in the truck trader or commercial motor a few months later they was in Moody’s or scantrucks classified adverts

I remember another operator who operated a Eurotech on tipper work, quite a big feature. A few years later, another feature on same operator on how he’d “lost everything” after being caught running on dodgy diesel and had to back pay the tax money. Of course it mentioned how he bought it in good faith etc etc. :unamused:
IIRC the operator was

kr79:
I remember pre 2008 when banks where throwing money at people especially if they had a house with a bit of equity and nearly every month there was a just started out owner driver who decided a new v8 Scania or fh16 Volvo was the best start up vehicle to pull boxes out of Felixstowe as a subbe. Add in a flash paint job loads of lights alloy wheels a super badge on the grille and some Bedford tk style indicators hanging off the bottom of the mirrors.
Loot in the truck trader or commercial motor a few months later they was in Moody’s or scantrucks classified adverts

And presumably if you looked at local estate agents, you’d find their house for sale too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk