Truck racing @ donington

pursy:
!st time for me but I was impressed. I was there courtesy of Renault so they fed us. Heres a few photos.

Hi, what’s :question: that thing over the rear axle? do’snt look like a fifth wheel yet looks too small to be a wind deflector.

Charles

remy, we were trying to figure that out too, they were made to look exactly like 5th wheels, but were made of plastic or fibre glass as they were flapping about at speed.
No idea what the point of them was at all :confused:

heavyhaul22:
i went but never going to donington ever again the security people are d*hds! :angry: Me and my dad got moved on three times at the bank at craner curves coz of safety reasons my arse we watch the first race there but when the trucks came out they wanted to move people into one small spot at redgate which i think was more dangerous than where we were.If they though it was dangerous why didnt they field that area off before the races.

i was talking to the marshalls at starkeys bridge and they all had to move from their marshall posts to on the bridge because of safety. they closed that section because of the small run of area on the exit of redgate down the craners because there was a fair chance that if a truck come off there it would go through the catch fence like a hot knife through butter. the security gaurds i dont think were well briefed about what was going on and just told to do a job.

i enjoyed it although before the first race i got caught out by the rain at coppice corner with no shelter.enjoyable day and many thanks to trucknet and renault trucks for the freebies. i managed to get hospitality from my boss at work and took full advantage drinking my body weight in coffee!!

jonboy