TRUCK Magazine

I’d wouldn’t hold your breath on the kite in the post I’m still waiting for the one when my comments from here were used in T&D. :smiley: :smiley:

TRUCK magazine was excellent as were the great and much missed Pat Kennet & Phil LLewelyn,is he still around?
My favourite all time publication though was Headlight.Always used to read my dad’s copies, then joined the industry in '78 & started buying my own,right up to the last edition, as I did with TRUCK too.

No Phil Llewllyn has passed away. If you can get hold of it there is a book called the road to muckle flugga which is a collection of his articles both car and truck and a really good read.

Thanks for that kr79,will be searching amazon later…

FLIP:
TRUCK magazine was excellent as were the great and much missed Pat Kennet & Phil LLewelyn,is he still around?
My favourite all time publication though was Headlight.Always used to read my dad’s copies, then joined the industry in '78 & started buying my own,right up to the last edition, as I did with TRUCK too.

I agree about TRUCK but Headlight was useful, not interesting. Essential for backloads and digs, especially for newbies who hadn’t built up their own contacts list, but I always found it overbearing and ‘preachie’ with loads of reports about court cases where drivers had fallen foul of the law. Useful (there’s that word again :unamused: ) I suppose in warning against transgression but I always felt if I was being wrapped over the knuckles and told not to be a naughty boy. :imp:

Perhaps because in those days, I was. :unamused: :blush:

Does anyone remember Ilkeston Haulage who’s boss refused to pay more than 23 hours a day because he couldn’t accept that drivers forewent their dinner hour? :open_mouth: