Time on a loading bay,,,

Harry Monk:
Not “on a bay” as such, but I have regularly had to wait 3-4 days to clear Customs on arrival in Russia and Ukraine etc.

I’ve done that in a far less exotic place, Dover. Load of wine on board, last day of the Month and it’s a Friday usually meant Tuesday before clearing due to VAT deferment issues.

Many years ago turned up to tip at Hitachi somewhere in South Wales, i forget exactly where. Arrived and on bay at 10:00 and left at 11:30 the next day. It had taken them just 40 minutes to load the trailer at Hitachi near Munich. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I get exhausted with all my Periods of Availability… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

for me its peter black’s at keighley.

i got on the bay at 6am and pulled off at 3.30pm. poor old sod emptying a 40ft full of boxes of shoes on his own.

nick2008:
Safeway cribbs causeway.
1st day on site for a 7am tip container full of wine from spain, booked in at the chill end as the load was going in to the bond at the back of the chill area so rather than pull it all through the w/house they were tipping on bay 18.
12 noon nothing happening so canteen and a sleep.
3pm nothing so canteen and a sleep
6pm nothing so it was tea time and a chat wth the duty manager and a sleep half 8 pulled off into Mc Don next door trailers in the same spot all that day mrs picked me up and took me home. day 2 one of the lads is delivering to ah ha Safeway so I catch a lift with him. pulls in hoping to find and mt container… no luck rings my tm told stick with it as there aint much about and your getting paid more sitting there than running up the road.
By 3pm they realise they have 4 containers on the park and none have been tipped. someone forgot to pass the paperwork from the chill to the ambient w/house and by now they cant get agency in to unload it as its all handball…
that nice lady in a car comes and picks me up from Mc D’s again.
Day 3 I’m mt and on the road by 3pm back to the yard and home for the night. best thing was i had bonus that week and night out money lol and lots of sleep :grimacing:

OMG,I WOULD OF BEEN SWINGING BY A ROPE, :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Surprisingly know one has said netto at south hemsall?

or the night shift in fenny lock

Mine was four days on an ex soviet military airfield in Lithuania, waiting for Crab Air to turn up and off load me. Good job I had a 12 litre night heater ‘cause it was Baltic, literally.

worst for me doesnt sound that bad now,arrived co-op swanley 1630 and left at 0300 :frowning: 26 pallets of mars bars lighter,had to get it tipped as it had been pulled out 4 times before!!! :open_mouth:

More than i can remember but a couple were diageo at leven loading for sweden 27 hours, Heinz at wigan load for greece 25 hours. I also remember pulling onto a building site flat pack houses from sweden 7am monday and pulled out 5pm tuesday. Being an O/D you get a bit ■■■■■■ of but after 2 hours im on £35 an hour demurrage :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

had 11 hours 8 minutes in sainsburys haydock got in there at 9 oclock hoping to get tipped by the afternoon shift on until 10 but to no avail as it was fresh produce that dont have a night shift . they were in at 6 am and tipped me by 7.30 whilst i had a shower and breakfast i left just after 8 and was quite suprised that that the same guy was working on the gate !!

Back in the early 80s,i had a Monday am.tip at Fords engine plant in Brigend.Booked in at the gatehouse,and was told to go and park up on their lorry park.Sat all day Monday,2 more of our trucks arrived,was then told we wouldn’t get tipped 'till Wednesday at the earliest.By Thursday there were 13 of us waiting to tip.They reckoned they had nowhere to store the engine blocks,and said it was cheaper to pay us demurrage,rather than have the blocks sitting outside going rusty in the weather.Someone must have realised how much this was costing,because they pulled us out of the pub on Sunday lunchtime,and tipped us all that afternoon.Yeah you guessed it,they stacked em all outside. :unamused:

I feel sorry when I am loading tyres and it can take anything up to 6 hours, I can drop my trailer and go to eat or sleep then you realise that the bloke on the next bay with the Drawbar Outfit cannot go anywhere!

My longest time on a bay was at belkin in northampton a couple of years back, 20ft container full of boxes that could not of been bigger than them big cooker match boxs started tipping at 6am finally pulled off at 2100 least they had a decent and cheap canteen