The TruckNet UK Charity Party - The Aftermath

Rikki-UK:

shuttlespanker:
plus, you get to swear at the mods and tell them what you think (for free) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Or the otherside of the coin,
the Mods get to swear at the members and dont have to bite their tongues… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: - I have lost count over the years how many folks that the team have had “words with” have come to the “do” and have had a cracking night sinking a couple beers with the mods :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Did those on premod have to wait 12 hours for their bid to be approved? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :laughing: :smiley:

so, come on then, where are all the pics?

i saw plenty of cameras flashing away all night, we want the pics :imp: :imp: :imp:

shuttlespanker:
so, come on then, where are all the pics?

i saw plenty of cameras flashing away all night, we want the pics :imp: :imp: :imp:

If there’s any of me you’ll need more than a few [zb]'s :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

] - another person wanted a special item for a special reason ( again it is up to that person top reveal details if they wish ) but it was beyond their means so folks there clubbed together a few quid each and got it for them, it is that sort of night- :grimacing: :grimacing:
[/quote]
That would be me.
Thank you greatly trev h, ( its only because i got excitable about having a mercedes coat!)
it has made my dads weeks bless him and I’m in the dog house with my mom for getting it for him! As it is all he has spoke about since!
Me and Li had a brilliant night. It was lovely to catch up with people from last years do and to meet new people too.

Thanks again for a cracking night will catch you all next year and hopefully some more new faces!

Isla

Funny, I had an eyewitness report that only about 30 to 40 people turned up, not a lot for the amount of members and posts Ricki keeps telling us about

I didn’t see anyone sober enough to count :unamused: :smiley:

Pat

Counting legs and dividing by 1.789 is always going to be difficult when wearing beer goggles.

One thing which is a certainty is the amount of CASH raised on the night which was

£2300

An amazing amount and one which we as trustees of the PDF will be eternally grateful for.

Again another great night was had

If anyone was wondering I went with very little cash but with many thanks ( as no work & had no money for 6 weeks was totally skint but had a lift there many thanks for that & back again but a long way round was well looked after & home safely missing 1 thing :laughing: :laughing: my digi card as boss want to download it cant thank that person enough you know who you are

I still came away with a cork screw ( very fancy not used as yet ) also a document wallet ( although James did get the one I would have liked but he did out bid me :cry: but hope you like it ) many thanks to the guys who payed for them so dont worry if you have little or no cash it is still a very good night

It was nice to meet up with old friends & see some new faces there roll on 2014

All I need now is a job

bloodoodle:

Pat

My designated driver was sober enough to count - that doesn’t mean he has the ability though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

waynedl:

bloodoodle:

Pat

My designated driver was sober enough to count - that doesn’t mean he has the ability though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

IIRC, he was too busy ■■■■■■■ after my fleece jacket :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
Funny, I had an eyewitness report that only about 30 to 40 people turned up,

Hmm… while I was still sober we put out 50 seating spaces… all but but 4 were used on the night and we had folks standing at the bar and around the room an attempt was made early on at a head count and at that time 47 folks were in the room, the room has a max limit of 65 by law for fire regs and the hotel was standing by if we broke that to move the event to a larger room and had put us on warning that if many more turned up they would do so- so 50 is a fair aproximation.

not a lot for the amount of members and posts Ricki keeps telling us about

More than enough to raise more for charity than ever before- guess the “right” people turned up !
I would much rather have 50 people who come for a good time, meet folks and get to know them in person, and be generous enough to spend almost every penny they have with them for a good cause, than 150+ who only come along to moan and snipe, some folk came who have been on the wrong end of the moderation stick, and they seemed to have a good night , a laugh and be sociable,

Folks who WANTED to, came, took part had a good night and made a difference to the PDF’s work- thats an achievement. No other drivers website does it on such a scale or raises so much, now your welcome to make remarks or give your opinion, , but at the end of the day the charity by the end of this project should be close to £3000 better off- and thats something that TruckNet and all its members wether they could attend, or take part or not should be proud of.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
Funny, I had an eyewitness report that only about 30 to 40 people turned up, not a lot for the amount of members and posts Ricki keeps telling us about

Shouldn’t that be shame on us who never made the effort rather than posting carp as you have there which serves what purpose :question: other than to try and belittle the efforts of the organisers and those members who made the time and effort to show support.

Being on pre-mod doesn’t make you a bad person in life. And being skint whilst on pre-mod is a deciding factor! :wink:

bigvern1:
Being on pre-mod doesn’t make you a bad person in life. And being skint whilst on pre-mod is a deciding factor! :wink:

Please don’t think I was having a go at you bigvern1 (or anyone else on premod for that matter)
I was just taking the ■■■■ out of the system.

Plus I’m a full (unpaid up) member of the “skint” club hence why I wasn’t there