The things they say vosa

limeyphil:
Hombre,

I drive for the paddies, So it’s the same as being treated like a foreigner.
The authorities in the UK are so obsessed about being accused of racism that they discriminate against the Brits. How racist is that? :unamused: :laughing:

ps. Theres a topic on euro driving forum you may be able to help me with.

do you mean you drive for an irish firm phil.
when will some people learn.
the term paddies.
i personally take offence to this.
i would be different if called it to my face.
i would give offence.
we are all big boys now .

Paddy and Mick were working on a building site, Paddy says to Mick “I cant be bothered working all day I just want to go home” so he climbs to the top of the building site and hangs upside down on a steel girder so then the boss comes out and shout “what the hell do you think your doing” Paddy says “pretending to be a light bulb” so the boss says “go home your being stupid” so he climbs down and starts walking out - so Mick decides to follow and says “Im going home too” but just as he was putting his coat on to leave the boss shouts “and were do you think your going” Mick says home because Im not working in the dark"

excellent Dave allen would
have laughed his head off

beattun:
i was always of the understanding that if they really wanted to find something wrong with the truck, they absolutely will.

absolutely is the keyword

some Paddy called me a Bean in another post
never heard the expression before
just thought it was the Irish way of saying English or Brit

no need to take offence

Greg 50,

The Irish have names for the English, But we are grown up enough to laugh about it. Most paddies are too, Just some take offence from both sides of the pond.
Please explain why you take such a comment to heart when the majority don’t.
Just so all on this forum know for future reference.