The Hollies off the M6

The Sarge:
You’re a rude little devil aren’t you?

What a strange reply!

rubyroo2:

Will:

toby1234abc:
Good value nose bag,clean,friendly and jovial staff,parking only £12,shower £2.Security patrol at night for the tea leaves.Use them or lose them,i say.

" ONLY £12 " T C, What do you get for that ■■? + shower = £2 + ? £££ for food … = well over £20 just to park up for the night,this Country is just a big rip off & you know what it costs to park up over the water & what sort of welcome you get compared to over here ?

Hope you are doing ok mate ? :laughing:

Well said, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

And mine :wink:

The Sarge:
Why should I care what it costs to park up over the water? Apparently fuel is only $2 a gallon in the US - that makes no difference to me either! I pay what it costs to park in a lorry park, or I park in a layby - that’s it…

Reckon he is referring to Channel/North Sea rather than Atlantic Ocean :wink: :wink:

Wheel Nut:

The Sarge:

What a strange reply!

Not really, I don’t like being called “boyo” particularly and why does “Wales not come into that”? So, I find him a rude little devil…

robroy:

rubyroo2:

Will:

toby1234abc:
Good value nose bag,clean,friendly and jovial staff,parking only £12,shower £2.Security patrol at night for the tea leaves.Use them or lose them,i say.

" ONLY £12 " T C, What do you get for that ■■? + shower = £2 + ? £££ for food … = well over £20 just to park up for the night,this Country is just a big rip off & you know what it costs to park up over the water & what sort of welcome you get compared to over here ?

Hope you are doing ok mate ? :laughing:

Well said, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

And mine :wink:

me too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: if you have paid parked you are entitled to a free shower surely and dont call me shirley.

The Sarge:

Will:
My post was not aimed at you Boyo.Toby,known to me as " T C " posted the original quote about the cost etc.The reason i replied was that T C has done a lot of continental work & it surprised me that he was praising up RIP OFF BRITAIN.But then Wales does not come into that does it ?

A red one too :exclamation: :exclamation: :blush: Lets not fall out Gents :question: I only replied that way because of your attitude in your post :wink: I hope we can all kiss & make up :question: As i stated i know Toby & although being an open forum my reply was aimed @ him,but thanks for your opinion anyway :sunglasses:

Red devil1.jpg

aww! Did you get that done just for me?? :smiley: :smiley:
All done and dusted mate, life is too short. Have a good 'un :sunglasses:

The Sarge:
aww! Did you get that done just for me?? :smiley: :smiley:
All done and dusted mate, life is too short. Have a good 'un :sunglasses:

:laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

Stopped there Thursday night (for the first time in 20 odd years) on the back of this thread. I agree with others, highly recommended - good food, pleasant staff and clean showers :smiley:
Whitwood Truckstop however, is the complete opposite - it’s little more than a rip-off cesspit!

TezzDemon:

dlote2009:
Personally I prefer The Trucker’s Rest across the road.

I’ve always preferred it there too,used to go in every time I tipped at Four Ashes just down the road :slight_smile:

Do any of you guys remember when the truckers rest used to be the coronation,tell you what tezz youd have preferred the hollies then mate,what a dump that place was,nearly 50yrs and i can remember it like yesterday.
regards dave.