Tesco buy Booker group

Will the M&MC not want to look at it?

IndigoJo:

truckman020:
Saying to another driver this morning that nowadays do we know who we work for,bunnings have bought homebase and will phase out homebase within 5 yrs,told my niece about it and she says yeah i know because leigh (her fiance) had a meeting about it the other day,i replied that can’t be right cos he works for jewsons,she replied that jewsons are part of homebase,i give up in the old days you knew who was who,now one company buys another out then they buy someone else and so on ,no one knows who owns who now,incidentally any drivers ever done bookers rdc reading,lovely place (not)

Jewson’s are part of Saint-Gobain. Homebase is owned by Wesfarmers, an Australian-based conglomerate which does also own Bunnings, but it’s unlikely they’ll dump the name Homebase in favour of an Australian name which is unknown here.

If you go on the bunnings website the man himself said they will phase out the homebase name within 5 yrs ,if jewsons are not part of homebase how come my neice said what she did,dont disbelieve what you say as she gets a lot of things wrong so you are probably right,mind you i could also have not read it correctly regarding the homebase name

Tesco also own the OneStop chain of stores.

truckman020:
if jewsons are not part of homebase how come my neice said what she did,dont disbelieve what you say as she gets a lot of things wrong so you are probably right,mind you i could also have not read it correctly regarding the homebase name

Seems she isn’t the font of business knowledge you thought she was :smiley: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewson

They haven’t brought booker out right only a majority share I’m told by a booker employee

Booker have been trying to muscle into the Brakes/Bidvest food market with “Chef Direct”, will be interesting to see if Tesco keep trying to push this.

Dimlaith:

Are there still some left? I haven’t seen one in years. They were all rebranded as Tesco express

scanny77:

Dimlaith:

Are there still some left? I haven’t seen one in years. They were all rebranded as Tesco express

I don’t know if there are any left and now you mention it I haven’t seen one for years either.

Dimlaith:

scanny77:

Dimlaith:

I don’t know if there are any left and now you mention it I haven’t seen one for years either.

There’s quite a few in north manchester, swinton.

scanny77:

Dimlaith:

Loads left,big One Stop dist centre in operation too in west miss currently advertising for drivers.