Tacho zero-ing my break

Roymondo:

waynedl:
Ok, I know that [zb] happens, but he sat for 90 mins approx 3hrs into his duty, then got stuck in an accident and the job had to be cancelled. Waste of time, waste of fuel.

Comprehension (or mathematics) skills appear to be a bit lacking here. 0730 until some time after 1230 is at least 5 hours “duty” time…

Yep, my bad, still 90 mins break after FIVE hours duty and only driving a short distance takes the ■■■■ in every way - no matter what mathematical error I made, 15 mins was all that was required, but he took 90 ■■■■■■■ minutes

So he lost 45 mins due to …a mistake, what a heinous crime :unamused: …give the guy a break (no pun intended :smiley: )ffs :unamused:
I can see his boss being mildly ■■■■■■■ but ‘furious’ :unamused: jeez, it’s transport ■■■■ happens :bulb:
Tacho regs today have become so pedantic and over the top that some drivers are having nervous ■■■■■■ breakdowns if they make the slightest infringement.
Don’t get stressed out about about such ■■■■ mate, the job is so easier if approached from a laid back attitude, too many drivers getting stressed out about ■■■■ all .
Make a printout, apologise and explain to your neurotic boss that you are fairly new, not infallible and that you made an error, and move on.

While I sympathise with you, can I just say maybe going on the Newbie’s forum with the same question, calling our (some correct) answers ‘stupid’ and then asking the newbies for…quote:…"authoritive answers from people who know what they are talking about’’ :open_mouth: may not be the best way of making friends on here, just saying.
See ‘smart are newbies’ thread. :bulb:

Has the OP mentioned he is a newbie ?

ROG:
Has the OP mentioned he is a newbie ?

No Rog, you are right he didn’t.
I rightly or wrongly assumed he was fairly new.
Even if he isn’t, it was still just an error that he made, and not a major crime as perceived by some.

robroy:
So he lost 45 mins due to …a mistake, what a heinous crime :unamused: …give the guy a break (no pun intended :smiley: )ffs :unamused:
I can see his boss being mildly ■■■■■■■ but ‘furious’ :unamused: jeez, it’s transport [zb] happens :bulb:
Tacho regs today have become so pedantic and over the top that some drivers are having nervous [zb] breakdowns if they make the slightest infringement.
Don’t get stressed out about about such [zb] mate, the job is so easier if approached from a laid back attitude, too many drivers getting stressed out about [zb] all .
Make a printout, apologise and explain to your neurotic boss that you are fairly new, not infallible and that you made an error, and move on.

While I sympathise with you, can I just say maybe going on the Newbie’s forum with the same question, calling our (some correct) answers ‘stupid’ and then asking the newbies for…quote:…"authoritive answers from people who know what they are talking about’’ :open_mouth: may not be the best way of making friends on here, just saying.
See ‘smart are newbies’ thread. :bulb:

He didn’t just lose 45 mins though did he, the job didn’t get completed BECAUSE he took NINETY minutes breaks (at least - I doubt he’d done exactly 45 mins break when he noticed it wasn’t on break?) after just 5hrs work and a ‘short time driving’.

Now, nobody is perfect, I’ve been late for a job in a morning where I’ve not woken up (phone vibrated off the dash and hit the deck, battery came out = no alarm), late for jobs where I’ve chosen the wrong route and the road was buggered, but not because I’ve looked at a machine and thought “oh, I better take ANOTHER 45 mins - even though I didn’t require the 1st 45 mins - because I never pressed the button or it never recorded the break for whatever reason”.
As I said above, what would he have done on a Monday if he’d realised he’d left his card in all weekend, ■■■■■■ off for another 45 hrs?? :open_mouth: