back to the thread…

2009_01_01.jpg

kindle530:

jamiep1988:
Ignore the bloke with thumbs up.

his thumbs are down!

back to the thread…

So that’s how they deliver ratchet straps

I thought we had been infiltrated by Al Qaeda and this was now a terrorist training camp :stuck_out_tongue:

there are some trailers I would only ever strap to the chassis or a crossmember, the side raves are so flimsy on some modern trailers

The strapping on the pop ups is the sort of thing the bloke was moaning about, the metal framework on that is about 10mm thick, the only other thing there is to strap to is some loops like these of which there is only about 4-5 down each side of the bed

image.jpg

jamiep1988:
The strapping on the pop ups is the sort of thing the bloke was moaning about, the metal framework on that is about 10mm thick, the only other thing there is to strap to is some loops like these of which there is only about 4-5 down each side of the bed

These things are only as good as what they are fastend to and what with,in my opinion they are really only any good for in the back of a van.also when used on a flat you can’t trap the remaining strap without tying a knot in it .

Silver_Surfer:
What a load of ■■■■■■■■, I’ve always strapped to the side rave, more than strong enough to strap the vast majority of loads, anyone who says otherwise is on complete & utter over kill.

Tell 'em if they want to ■■■■ about under the wagon & strap to the chassis they can do it themselves.

+1, and in any case, what about the side crash rails, I suppose you have to crawl around them as well, then you’ll need a hard hat or bump cap, then as you’re under the truck the keys will have to be removed and placed in a special cabinet with a device on the handbrake lever to stop it accidentally flying off, probably best to put some barriers around the vehicle as well with warning placards, almost certainly be dirty and wet under there, so full body protection including safety goggles…

Never mind, a new training course is on its way :laughing: :laughing:

jamiep1988:

Our curtain siders have / had these. not load tested/rated therefore not to be used, this came about after a couple were pulled off when strapping down, on a 10 month old DAF, bolt just went through floor and in to the side rave. :confused: